Scrap value for truck?

/ Scrap value for truck? #11  
Toyotas are in high demand, especially 4X4 and that year range. People on Yotatech and Pirate 4X4 scour craigslist for those all the time. You can do well better than scrap prices, someone will make a rock crawler out of it.

This is what im talking about the toyota craze is well into its say 10th year at least. These things go for more money than you think they should now. They use to be had for scrap prices but most folks like us know that and the price goes up. But i do agree if it dont run and you wanted to get rid of it the $700 is fare. Running it may be $2k? They want the frame and the axles tcase etc. as well as body.

/ Scrap value for truck? #12  
I agree with DP, let someone take it and restore it. Guys up here in the northeast search all over the country for decent soild axle Toyota trucks that aren't all rotted out. A "good" truck up here still has something that resembles a frame (usually patched to death) and has rust and rot up to the door hinges. Just from the those two photos, I can tell the body and frame are worth a ton of money to the right guys.

Throw it on Fleabay and CL and see what you can get. It would be a lot nicer to think that someone is restoring and enjoying such a rare bird, rather than it crushed and ruined.

/ Scrap value for truck?
I have decided that if this guy doesn't come up with $1000 cash, gonna tell him no deal. Then I'm gonna at least get it running and go from there. I talked with a guy at work today, he's a pretty good mechanic and he's got an '87 Toyota 4x4 that he's built up for rock crawling (running it on propane too!) and he's willing to help me get mine running. So, now I'm hoping the guy doesn't come up with the cash!!! I will keep my word though, and give him a fair chance to look at, but I ain't coming off the price any!!!! I have owned this truck for 27 yrs, and I've always had a notion in the back of my mind to get it going again and this has been the motivation to do it. Would really enjoy driving it again! Thanks guys!!

/ Scrap value for truck? #14  
If thats your choice i would not sell it. Just call him now and tell him no! You will always regret it if he buys it and you did not stop him.

/ Scrap value for truck? #15  
I thin the 700 offer is prety decent for scrap only. These guys will give you $260. What condition is it in? maybe try to gauge interest on Craigslist?

/ Scrap value for truck? #16  
$700 is very good money !

/ Scrap value for truck? #17  
$700 is very good money !

Being a self described car guy, I would rather take $50 for a rare car from someone who is in love with a car than to scrape it for $250. But that's me.

Economic come into play though. If you get it running will you keep it or sell it for more. $700 is not a bad offer for a non running truck I think. What ever you do don't crush it. It is a nice truck in restorable condition, let someone enjoy it....cars have souls too!!

/ Scrap value for truck? #18  
Scrap steel is $.07/lb here.

/ Scrap value for truck? #19  
SC toyota from 83 4x4....

Id give ya $700 for it in a heart beat

/ Scrap value for truck? #20  
Being a self described car guy, I would rather take $50 for a rare car from someone who is in love with a car than to scrape it for $250. But that's me.

Economic come into play though. If you get it running will you keep it or sell it for more. $700 is not a bad offer for a non running truck I think. What ever you do don't crush it. It is a nice truck in restorable condition, let someone enjoy it....cars have souls too!!

I sold my old 1992 GMC 2wd 1/2ton 5.7L on kijiji last night for $500 . Equal to scrap money and less the hauling to selkirk !