Scrap value for truck?

/ Scrap value for truck? #1  

kebo

Elite Member
Tractor
2001 John Deere 790 4x4, bar tires
I have an 83 Toyota 4x4 truck that I;ve been tinkering with selling. It's in pretty sad shape and hasn't been running in about 5 years or so. The only reason I parked it was because I just didn't need it, and didn't want to pay to keep it up, insurance, taxes, etc. Had a guy offer $700, I think it's worth more than that, but just curious what would the scrap value be for that size/weight of truck? Thanks!

/ Scrap value for truck? #2  
Scrap for that truck may be $400. im in the augusta GA area.A coworker of mine scrapped a early 90s ranger 2wd and i think he got $300 for it. Now its not as solid of a truck, and no solid axle or t case but still in the ball park.

Another way is to take the curb weight and figure out how many 100s are in it and then multiply by $12. Last i heard metal was $12/100. Ciuld of dipped (or be in your area) $10/100lbs.

I think the $700 is a fare offer especially if they have to tow it away. Those are cool trucks and id love to have one runnning. I know 2 guys that could be interested, but not for $700 most likely.

/ Scrap value for truck?
Thanks CU. It's a really neat truck. It's a Trailblazer model, one of the RARE Griffith conversions that was done by a custom shop in Jacksonville. They cut the back of the cab out, welded it to the bed, put in carpet and a flip fold seat in the back, and then added a fiberglass top. It's just like a blazer or bronco now. They only did about 400 of these in 82 & 83 before they went out of business, VERY HARD to find one like it. I think I'm gonna get it running! :thumbsup:

1983 Toyota Trailblzer 001.jpg1983 Toyota Trailblzer 006.jpgg again.

/ Scrap value for truck? #5  
There pretty simple it cant take to much to get it running. At worst it may just need a new carb or rebuild your old one.

/ Scrap value for truck? #6  
Around here cars are worth about $250. If its rare let someone else have a dream of fixing it up. Take the $700 and run.

Chris

/ Scrap value for truck? #7  
Toyotas are in high demand, especially 4X4 and that year range. People on Yotatech and Pirate 4X4 scour craigslist for those all the time. You can do well better than scrap prices, someone will make a rock crawler out of it.

/ Scrap value for truck? #9  
I once had a full size van that I wanted to get rid of. It barely ran, and I considered scrap, but the scrap value was pathetically low. The problem, I was told (by a scrap dealer), is that much of the van is considered mixed metals. They have to separate out all the different metals, and doing so means you get much less per pound than if it wasn't mixed.

/ Scrap value for truck? #10  
id be taking the $700 and moving on with life