Dump trailer to haul tractor?

/ Dump trailer to haul tractor?
Hawk,

I'm not sure what the max degree angle is on mine. I had a choice of the standard dump angle (he called it) which used two cylinders (one on each side of the frame) or I could go with the "scissor" lift which sounds like would be perfect for you. The dealer said landscape companies usually use them because they work better for hauling damp material. He said they almost go vertical when they dump. I looked at one. They're pretty nice but cost about $700 more so I just went with the dual setup.

If you want to know the exact angle for either setup let me know and I'll give the dealer a call.

Paul

/ Dump trailer to haul tractor? #42  
Paul,
Not necessary. Thanks though. My trailer does have a single cylinder scissor lift. It does pretty good for the most part, I do do a lot shake, rattle, and rolling however when dumping damp, compactable material.

Sent from my iPod touch using TractorByNet

/ Dump trailer to haul tractor? #43  
Nice trailer, but that seems BIG for a F-150. I would get a WD hitch for sure...

/ Dump trailer to haul tractor? #44  
For starters check out the owners manual of the truck to see the GVW towing capacity.It isn't always a matter of IF you can tow something, but IF you can tow it safely so that the load doesn't push you around during stopping, etc.

Link removed

Last edited:
   / Dump trailer to haul tractor? #45  
Paul,
Not necessary. Thanks though. My trailer does have a single cylinder scissor lift. It does pretty good for the most part, I do do a lot shake, rattle, and rolling however when dumping damp, compactable material.

Sent from my iPod touch using TractorByNet

Mine goes maybe 45 deg at best, I hear you on the shake,rattle and roll thing. But it is still waaaaay better the hand unloading. CJ

/ Dump trailer to haul tractor?
amelia12 said:
For starters check out the owners manual of the truck to see the GVW towing capacity.It isn't always a matter of IF you can tow something, but IF you can tow it safely so that the load doesn't push you around during stopping, etc.

Link removed

I checked my owners manual before I purchased the trailer and it says I can tow 9500 lbs. the empty weight of the trailer is 4000 lbs so that leaves 5500 lbs for the load. So far, my F-150 is handling it good. I haven't loaded it to max capacity so we'll see how that goes. I'll mainly be using the trailer to haul my tractor. Occasionally I'll be hauling material.

/ Dump trailer to haul tractor? #47  
I checked my owners manual before I purchased the trailer and it says I can tow 9500 lbs. the empty weight of the trailer is 4000 lbs so that leaves 5500 lbs for the load. So far, my F-150 is handling it good. I haven't loaded it to max capacity so we'll see how that goes. I'll mainly be using the trailer to haul my tractor. Occasionally I'll be hauling material.

You'll be fine, just be sure you have working brakes and use common sense. 1 thing I have found out in the oilfields with the Ford pickups is load the wagon the mule will pull it!!! CJ