Boat launching is easy

/ Boat launching is easy #1  

bcp

Super Star Member
Tractor
Kubota BX2360
Boat launching is easy. Just back down the ramp until the boat floats off the trailer.

/ Boat launching is easy
   / Boat launching is easy #3  
They are always fun. At my Maria we don't have many wind guys. They do have a crane though.

Chris

/ Boat launching is easy #5  
I have seen several at my local ramp that have telescoping tongues. They pull up chock the wheels pull a pin on the tongue and pull forward lengthening the tongue.

/ Boat launching is easy #6  
I have seen several at my local ramp that have telescoping tongues. They pull up chock the wheels pull a pin on the tongue and pull forward lengthening the tongue.

I always like them. There is a dip stick with one at our lake that we call "sexy". He has a 32' Sea Ray he puts in with a Ford F-450 every weekend. He just pulls the pin on the flat and backs down and slides right in. The interesting part is when he pulls the boat out he slams on the brakes on the flat and the thing telescopes back in with a loud bang. I am waiting for the trailer to brake. The boat has to be around 20,000#

Chris

/ Boat launching is easy #7  
I needed the marina to check out my boat motor operation and he said he would back it down to the water because he didn't trust anyone to do it because it was his very steep concrete ramp. I agreed because I wasn't to sure of my abilities anyway. He backed it down and left the new truck parked right there while he took the boat for a 15 minute ride and came back and loaded it again. He said I could take it from there. I jumped in the truck and reached down to take the emergency brakes off and noticed he never had it on. That could have been a disaster because the water was about 20' deep by the ramp. Take things slow and think things through at boat ramps. I've seen a few guys panic when driving the boat in or backing down with disasterous results. Of course all end up humorously, so far. :)

/ Boat launching is easy #8  
Heh, I remember one guy who gunned it to pull out of the water after launching the boat. Only he still had it in reverse. :eek:

/ Boat launching is easy #9  
[QUOTEI've spent many entertaining hours watching a busy boat launch ramp.Bruce[/QUOTE]

Yes, sometimes when I need a laugh I will take a motorcycle ride up to our small local lake and sit and watch people try to back up and launch boats. It is fine entertainment. There are a few that know what they are doing, but more that seem to not have a clue! It is very aggravating for the people waiting to launch when you have someone that does not know what they are doing and is taking 10 minues for a 2 minute job. The ramp has space for 2 vehicles to launch at a time, but most cannot drive well enough to stay in their own lane, thus the ramp becomes a 1 lane launch much of the time.

/ Boat launching is easy #10  
saw a almost last month at lake erie....family was pulling the boat out and dad got out of the truck to guide the boat on the trailer. he was behind the truck cranking the winch when the truck slipped out of gear and started rolling back . he saved it by risking his life between the concrete ramp and squeezing throught the door. water was up into the truck bed.

my wife was with me know she knows why I always double check her when we launch and recover. Park brake first, truck into park. foot on brakes, truck into drive, foot on brakes, parking brake off