Dodge 2500 6.7

/ Dodge 2500 6.7 #1  

Skinnyman

Silver Member
Tractor
Bobcat CT235
I am looking at a 2008 Dodge 2500 with the 6.7 Dsl. Great condition 88,000 miles $31,000. Are any of you that have the 2008 6.7 engine pleased with it and would recomend the 2008 6.7? Test drove, and this thing is a beast on power and has not been chipped.

/ Dodge 2500 6.7 #2  
I cannot really comment on the 6.7, other than when I was looking for a new truck I wanted to stay away from the 6.7 and stick with the tried and true 5.9. I didnt want to have to bother with the DEF and a new engine and a bunch of new EPA crap.

Not sure on price either. But I was looking at trucks a few years older than that one, with about 20k fewer miles, and about $8-10k cheaper. Assuming the one you are looking at is quad cab 4x4.

/ Dodge 2500 6.7 #4  
Sounds a little high for a four year old truck. Are you positive it has not been chipped? What's the Kelly Blue book on it? When I use the KBB, I start with the wholesale value and work up. Is this a private or dealer truck?

Last edited:
   / Dodge 2500 6.7 #5  
The engine itself is just as good as the later 5.9's. It's the emissions equipment that causes trouble. The egr systems causes turbo problems and the fuel economy stinks due to the regens.

I'd remove that crap and enjoy an engine that will be the envy of any power stroke owner.

/ Dodge 2500 6.7 #6  
Without looking it up, I'd say the price isn't out of line, and my gut reaction is its on the low side. I can't comment on the 6.7 since I have the 5.9, but as a rule the only problem which has already been said, is the emmisions stuff.

http://www.cumminsforum.com/forum/ This website has an entire forum dedicated to the 6.7. Don't let all the people with problems discourage you from buying. Right after I bought my truck, I joined the forum, I got a little discouraged, it seemed like so many people had problems. Just remember, people don't post and say "everything is O.K.

/ Dodge 2500 6.7
Thanks for the replies. My reasearch on one of the Dodge forums was mostly what Peacock had pointed out. Truck seems to be in line with blue book retale. Its a dealers truck. I was really concerned about the negative talk around the emmisions issues and turbo troubles. Dealer says it has not been chipped. I can't belive how strong this truck runs compared to me 06 6.0. How difficult or envolved is it to go about removing the emmisions stuff you'll are refering to. What about state inspections later.

/ Dodge 2500 6.7 #8  
I am looking at a 2008 Dodge 2500 with the 6.7 Dsl. Great condition 88,000 miles $31,000. Are any of you that have the 2008 6.7 engine pleased with it and would recomend the 2008 6.7? Test drove, and this thing is a beast on power and has not been chipped.
How do you know it has not been chipped? They had no way of telling back in 08.

Last edited:
   / Dodge 2500 6.7 #9  
You can purchase an h&s black max for about a grand. Removes the EGR and boosts fuel economy. I just unplug my EGR controller from my '11 and get an extra mpg or two. This 6.7 stock is much better, IMO, than my chipped 5.9. The OEM exhaust brake is worth the upgrade price by itself! Of course, my 5.9 did 245K miles and I'm only on 65K miles on my '11 so it's not really broken in yet.....

/ Dodge 2500 6.7
Will, I was told by the dealer it is not currently chipped (fwtw). Given my limited experience, I don't think it currently has anything like a plug and play. I currently have a F250 06 6.0 with 190,000 and it just doesn't compare to the way this Dodge performed but then again I haven't driven anything newer than 06.