Skid steer on a single axle

/ Skid steer on a single axle #1  

94BULLITT

Tractor
yes
Today I saw a guy hauling a Bobcat S175 skid steer on a single axle trailer!! The axle sure was bowed down on it. The trailer could not have been more than a 3K gross weight. Bobcats website says it weighs 6290. I wish I could have taken a picture of it.

/ Skid steer on a single axle #2  
Skidsteers are much heavier than they look. A friend has a Bobcat S185 I have hauled, and used. It seriously outweighs my NH TC40D with loaded tires... It is a 61hp 6220lb ground pounder! That is not counting a smooth bucket and a tooth bucket...

/ Skid steer on a single axle #3  
Why so picky? Some just use what they got.

Of course, I'm kidding.

Thought u might enjoy this...I was following this individual for a while and snapped some pics. This was the better shot of the four I got.

View attachment 276437

/ Skid steer on a single axle
Why so picky? Some just use what they got.

Of course, I'm kidding.

Thought u might enjoy this...I was following this individual for a while and snapped some pics. This was the better shot of the four I got.

View attachment 276437

I'm glad he had the blanket on the car to keep from scratching it.:laughing:

/ Skid steer on a single axle #5  
Absolutely! Mercedes owners know how to baby their cars :)

/ Skid steer on a single axle #6  
I have a single axle tilt bed trailer rated for 6200#. My lil bobcat 610 is only 3900 pounds which this trailer can easily handle the weight, but I don't think I would want to drag it very far.
I use this trailer to haul a scissor lift which weighs 4200#. The trailer was originally made for a Ditch Witch.

This trailer he was using looked like a carry on from lowes. I have seen those heavy duty single axles you are talking about at a rental company before, I guess they use them for the big stump grinder.

/ Skid steer on a single axle #8  
Some people think just because it will fit on the trailer , the trailer should be able to haul it. :confused: They just don't understand gvw's . Or even think about it until somethink happens . Got behind man towing a tractor on properly sized trailer , but had it chained down with what looked like chain for a swing . And yes i backed off to protect myself . The crazy thing i have sense seen this mans truck w/ trailer and tractor parked just a 1/4 mile from the local state weight station . :shocked::confused::confused3:

/ Skid steer on a single axle #9  
Some people think just because it will fit on the trailer , the trailer should be able to haul it. :confused: They just don't understand gvw's . Or even think about it until somethink happens . Got behind man towing a tractor on properly sized trailer , but had it chained down with what looked like chain for a swing . And yes i backed off to protect myself . The crazy thing I have since seen this mans truck w/ trailer and tractor parked just a 1/4 mile from the local state weight station . :shocked::confused::confused3:

maybe he works at the weigh station, but won't park there...:D:eek:

I had customer bring their car to me on a trailer tied down around the tie rod with come a longs.