1995 Ford F350 Powerstroke, Centurion edition

/ 1995 Ford F350 Powerstroke, Centurion edition
That's good to know as I should get more for the one I'm driving now.
Speaking of that truck...the towing capacity is far less for a manual trans.

/ 1995 Ford F350 Powerstroke, Centurion edition #22  
frischtr said:
Manual transmissions on diesel pickup trucks raise the resale value. Also, the manuals from that era had higher towing capacities than their auto counterparts. 2wd, on the other hand, would lower resale...

For who? For what me and my friends and clients they do not. The only exception was with the Dodge trucks of that era where I see it being a plus.

Chris

/ 1995 Ford F350 Powerstroke, Centurion edition #23  
For who? For what me and my friends and clients they do not. The only exception was with the Dodge trucks of that era where I see it being a plus.

Chris

It seems they raise the value for those guys whose prime purpose is to produce smoke. On the Ford diesel forums there is great praise for the older manuals versus auto trans.
They are a lot easier to work on and more "manly".

/ 1995 Ford F350 Powerstroke, Centurion edition #25  

Chris

Well, I looked through thousands of trucks for a year and the manuals were generally priced higher than autos, especially the Dodges... Say what you will, but my experience says otherwise.

/ 1995 Ford F350 Powerstroke, Centurion edition #26  
If only the guy selling that truck was watching this thread. :laughing:

/ 1995 Ford F350 Powerstroke, Centurion edition #27  
I'd only buy a manual diesel pickup myself. Except for the newest models, autos have a way of neutering a diesels pulling power.

A manual gives you an opportunity to exploit a good diesels ability to lug and pull hard from low rpm. Ford diesels tend to want to rev to make power and aren't as well suited to a manual trans. A cummins, however, lives to deliver huge torque at low rpms.

/ 1995 Ford F350 Powerstroke, Centurion edition #28  
That's a clean looking dually. I ran the numbers on NADAGuides.com, and got $9900 "clean" retail; $7450 "clean" trade-in. (it will vary, depending on your location)

I'm wondering if that data considered a manual trans.......that is a big deal. Not too many people will purchase that type
of rig, configured with that tranny.
I'm thinking the tranny not only diminished the towing capacity, but also the resale value.. . .

Robert,
If you go to that website, you can run the numbers yourself, and it's adjusted for your zip code.
Yes, I did put in the mileage you stated, and that it was a "bolt-action" transmission.

Short answer is: the truck is worth whatever he can sell it for. ;)
JMHO, he is probably a little high, but not bad. IF you can buy it for 60% of the asking price, you would be getting a "steal of a deal."

Newbury mentioned the glow plugs and CPS. If it needs glow plugs, that's not a big deal. $200 for 8 plugs and 2 valve cover gaskets. (available from the local Navistar truck parts) Add another $2-300 for labor, if you don't DIY.
CPS is covered under a factory recall, if it has not already been replaced. (but if he's the original owner, I'm sure that he had numerous notices from Ford and has already taken care of it)

/ 1995 Ford F350 Powerstroke, Centurion edition
That is a funny thought.

What is a 2" clutch verses a 21/4" clutch?
Seems like it the radius dimension of the clutch plate itself/ the width of the contact area between the pressure plate and the actual disc?
What are some areas to check on this rig? Any idea what the max towing capacity is? 10000#-12000#?
I'm thinking the trailer weighed around 9K.