1995 Ford F350 Powerstroke, Centurion edition

/ 1995 Ford F350 Powerstroke, Centurion edition #31  
CPS is covered under a factory recall, if it has not already been replaced. (but if he's the original owner, I'm sure that he had numerous notices from Ford and has already taken care of it)

and it's a cheap 20$ part you can buy and toss in the glove box with a china tool store wrench taped to the box in case you ever have to coast off the road and change it. I have that setup inmy 350 and 450 glove box... cheap insurance..

/ 1995 Ford F350 Powerstroke, Centurion edition #32  
When you drive a 7.3 Ford you need to carry 2 New CPS's in the glove box, because one of them will be bad. LOL
That's not a bad looking old truck, you can do a little work on a 7.3 and get lots of power and MPG's out of it.
Doug

/ 1995 Ford F350 Powerstroke, Centurion edition #33  
so far i been lucky maybee. I got a cps, in box and a china store wrench taped tot he box in my 350 and 450 glove box. so far ain't needed em yet.. but it's probably like insurance. if you got it.. you don't need it.. if you don't got it.. you WILL need it.!!

not speed demons like the 6.0 was.. but i do like em...

soundguy

/ 1995 Ford F350 Powerstroke, Centurion edition #34  
CPS is covered under a factory recall, if it has not already been replaced. (but if he's the original owner, I'm sure that he had numerous notices from Ford and has already taken care of it)

Mine went out before the recall and left me stranded outside of Wichita Kansas at 2am. The tow to town wasn't cheap considering I was hauling a 32 foot GN full of horses. Ah...memories.

not speed demons like the 6.0 was.. but i do like em...

Yep, I like my 7.3 too. I know a few that have or had the 6.0. I only know a couple that didn't blow head gaskets.

/ 1995 Ford F350 Powerstroke, Centurion edition #35  
i have an 04 6.0.. never had engine work ( knock on wood ) it's a hot rod compaired to my 7.3's BUT they both got their place.

the f250 has a 3.73 rear end.. not what i like to tow heavier loads with.. etc..

/ 1995 Ford F350 Powerstroke, Centurion edition #36  
I had two 6.0 Fords. A 04 F250 & a 06 F350. Both chipped, worked, and abused pulling loads upto 25,000# and never a single issue with either. Still have the F350. Never had a Cummins but had a 7.3 & a Duramax. My 6.0 was much more reliable and powerful than the Dmax. The 7.3 was reliable but did not hold a candle power wise.

Chris

/ 1995 Ford F350 Powerstroke, Centurion edition #37  
deffinately less umph :)

/ 1995 Ford F350 Powerstroke, Centurion edition #38  
Good to hear guys. I've got a line on a 6.0 F450 flatbed that's "not officially for sale", but i can get it. :D It's a perfect-in-every-way, eat-off-it-anywhere, low mileage truck. I had decided not to buy it after talking to some local friends about their experiences with the engine. Coincidentally, I met a local tractor repair shop mechanic a couple of weeks ago that is in love with the 6.0 and actually started a side business modifying them after installing the ARP stud kit in his. May have to look at that truck again.

/ 1995 Ford F350 Powerstroke, Centurion edition #39  
Put the ARP studs on it and if it has a EGR valve do a delete and you will have a real solid truck. The best part is the stout chassis and nearly bullet proof Torque Shift Tranny.

Yes, the 6.0 had its problems but its blown way out of proportion. Ford has sold more diesels than GM and Dodge combined with nearly 75% of the Super Duty line having yhem versus GM's 31%. Dodge is around 82% but do1/7th the volume.

Chris

/ 1995 Ford F350 Powerstroke, Centurion edition #40  
Well since we're way off the thread topic anyway... What tuners do you have experience with for the 6.0? I've had a Hypertech programmer in my 7.3 for quite a few years, but honestly I only have it since it was given to me to do an article on. It's worked well by the way. Being able to read codes is a handy feature.