1995 Ford F350 Powerstroke, Centurion edition

/ 1995 Ford F350 Powerstroke, Centurion edition #1  

RobertBrown

Elite Member
Tractor
Bolens G192/TS1910 Ford/New Holland 1920
I was hoping to get some opinions or appraisal information as I am considering making an offer on this vehicle.
I know there are those for you on here very familiar with the 7.3 liter Powerstroke and some model years were more reliable than others. anything would like to impart would be greatly appreciated.

The vehicle:
1995 ford 1 ton F350 Powerstroke crew cab Diesel Centurion with 104,000 miles showing.
Equipment:
2 WD
Power everything
Bucket seats/arm rests, front and back
You can see that it has a custom tailgate and lots of peripheral stuff...visor, headache bar, chrome wheels clearance lights....... and so on. It was a nice truck in it's day.
5 SPEED Manual Transmission
rear suspension air bags
Under the bed goose neck ball hitch
large tool box
wind deflector

The seller indicates that the truck was used only to pull a 34' travel trailer about 6k miles a year. Maintenance was meticulous with oil changes every 3000 miles. He says the truck has "no oil leaks"....OK...

I would describe the overall condition as "better than expected" for a vehicle this old or "good condition". there are a few dings and dents and the decals are fading. The window guides are shot from sun exposure.
I have not driven the truck but I expect it works flawlessly. I would like to get a better idea of what it's worth before the test drive, because immediately after that comes the negotiating.
I know the seller fairly well and he is one to like the negotiation process and I'm sure it's priced to come down.
so based on what you know what do you think it's worth?

The asking price is 10500$
Powerstroke3.jpg

Powerstroke2.jpg

Powerstroke1.jpg

Powerstroke4.jpg

Powerstroke5.jpg

/ 1995 Ford F350 Powerstroke, Centurion edition #2  
That would be a fair price for that around here. Youg guys that are south of the rust belt got it made !

/ 1995 Ford F350 Powerstroke, Centurion edition #3  
can't give you too much info no price, but I sure am impressed with a '95 with those miles and looking that good. Won't find that in Illinois.

/ 1995 Ford F350 Powerstroke, Centurion edition #4  
Robert,
That's a clean looking dually. I ran the numbers on NADAGuides.com, and got $9900 "clean" retail; $7450 "clean" trade-in. (it will vary, depending on your location)

As far as the 7.3L diesel, I have a '97 F-250 and a '03 F-350 with that motor. Mine are NOT for sale. I'll drive them till they're dead. (or I'm dead, whichever comes first) :D
Sounds like the owner is a little OCD about maintenance. That's good. I would ask if he added the SCA to the coolant each year. This stuff: Motorcraft® Engine Cooling System Products and Engine Coolants
With anything close to normal care, these engines will last for decades and hundreds of thousands of miles.

If the clutch ever goes out, replace it with a LuK.

/ 1995 Ford F350 Powerstroke, Centurion edition #5  
Even though the mileage is very low for the year of the truck its still been around for almost 18 years. Its a nice find but I think its priced about 3K too high.

My early '99 isn't for sale either. 285,000 miles and still going strong.

/ 1995 Ford F350 Powerstroke, Centurion edition #6  
Ditto on the SCA.

Where was it driven for 104,000 miles? Is it truly a Florida ride or did it come down from the salt strewn wintery north?

Have the glow plugs been replaced? Can you get a quick oil analysis from Blackstone Labs? Does it have a CPS? (cam position sensor)

Looks good.

/ 1995 Ford F350 Powerstroke, Centurion edition #7  
Even though the mileage is very low for the year of the truck its still been around for almost 18 years. Its a nice find but I think its priced about 3K too high.

My early '99 isn't for sale either. 285,000 miles and still going strong.

i agree.

I got my 99 for just a bit less than that.

I passed on a 96? ( first ones with the auto trans ).. that was listed at 3900$.. just beacuse it was still just a lil old.. front end parts can get spendy. that one was clean.. but high miles.

my 99 has 190k on it now...

/ 1995 Ford F350 Powerstroke, Centurion edition #8  
$10,500 for a 1995 model 2wd with a stick shift? No way, I'd pass. However, I am curious about the name "Centurion edition", isn't that the "Battlestar Galactica" model? :confused2:

/ 1995 Ford F350 Powerstroke, Centurion edition
Robert,
That's a clean looking dually. I ran the numbers on NADAGuides.com, and got $9900 "clean" retail; $7450 "clean" trade-in. (it will vary, depending on your location)

As far as the 7.3L diesel, I have a '97 F-250 and a '03 F-350 with that motor. Mine are NOT for sale. I'll drive them till they're dead. (or I'm dead, whichever comes first) :D
Sounds like the owner is a little OCD about maintenance. That's good. I would ask if he added the SCA to the coolant each year. This stuff: Motorcraftョ Engine Cooling System Products and Engine Coolants
With anything close to normal care, these engines will last for decades and hundreds of thousands of miles.

If the clutch ever goes out, replace it with a LuK.
The seller said that the oiginal clutch had been replaced with a 2 1/4 inch clutch. I suppose that os tha radius dimension?

THANKS FOR YOUR INPUT I REALLY APRECIATE IT
I hope I can help u out sometime

/ 1995 Ford F350 Powerstroke, Centurion edition
$10,500 for a 1995 model 2wd with a stick shift? No way, I'd pass. However, I am curious about the name "Centurion edition", isn't that the "Battlestar Galactica" model? :confused2:
Sort of
It followed the Roy Rogers edition which came with a badge and 2 plastic six shooters.
Thanks for your input