don't forget the ramps

/ don't forget the ramps #1  

jake98

Veteran Member
Tractor
53 Cub, 70's JD 410, Kioti 25hst
Figured you guys would appreciate this one. Must be 100' in reverse, after forward for 15.. Ears plugged, radio on, didn't even feel it till the last couple. Was thinking 'something's funky with those trailer brakes'. :eek: ramp3.jpgramp1.jpg

/ don't forget the ramps #3  
Glad you did not damage anything. I guess its the pilot in me but even if its just my car or truck I always walk around it before getting in to drive off and give it a once over.

Chris

/ don't forget the ramps #4  
It's one of those things that if it hasn't happened to you , it will. It's embarrasing to be leaving a tractor show and realize as you're driving off that you forgot to raise the ramps.

/ don't forget the ramps
Backing up to the shop to finish my check-list.. :laughing:

/ don't forget the ramps #6  
:laughing: No, I've never done anything like that. Like never left the skidding winch on the 3pt down and dragged 2 furrows in the ground for 30' or so where the feet landed. Nope. Not me.:laughing:

/ don't forget the ramps #7  
Rented a trailer this spring to pick up a storage box guy from the rental hooked it up and did the walk around as they would not let me due to insurance I suppose. Going through down town Seattle had a. couple cars signal me pointing at the trailer so I pulled over and sure enough one ramp door was open and the ramp was gone. I checked the other and dis overestimate the locking pins were upside down, and the other ramp pin was partially loose. Took it back and told them what happened and how the pin was after their guy cleared it. Will do my own safety check the next time I have to rent. Just glad no one was hurt by that thing tumbling down I 5

/ don't forget the ramps #8  
Fire engines same way. Always a walk-around to check compartment doors, chocks, hose secure etc.

Glad you did not damage anything. I guess its the pilot in me but even if its just my car or truck I always walk around it before getting in to drive off and give it a once over.

Chris

/ don't forget the ramps #9  
I believe that if the rental company wouldnt let me check a trailer prior to drive off I would find another rental company. Your insurance will do the paying if something falls off because some minimum wage flunky didnt fasten a safety chain or properly hook up the trailer. Not to mention that if you cant check for prior damage or malfunction on the trailer prior to drive away, they could stick you with any previous damage and you wouldnt have a leg to stand on.

/ don't forget the ramps #10  
I believe that if the rental company wouldnt let me check a trailer prior to drive off I would find another rental company. Your insurance will do the paying if something falls off because some minimum wage flunky didnt fasten a safety chain or properly hook up the trailer. Not to mention that if you cant check for prior damage or malfunction on the trailer prior to drive away, they could stick you with any previous damage and you wouldnt have a leg to stand on.

I understand what your saying, especially about the finding another rental company if they won't let you check over the unit, but just out of curiosity, just how many tool rental places are there in Bismarck, Arkansas? I just wished there had been ONE in the little town where I lived. (We didn't even have a traffic light, and there still isn't one)
David from jax