Trailering Questions

/ Trailering Questions #31  
Has anyone tried putting the R.C. on the front of the trailer using the FEL, then put the tractor on. Have to work the balance issue as to putting the tractor on forward or backward. If fold up ramps are an issue, then backward might work best as you could raise the FEL and fold the ramps and then lower the FEL down on the ramps.

/ Trailering Questions #32  
Gary Fowler said:
Has anyone tried putting the R.C. on the front of the trailer using the FEL, then put the tractor on. Have to work the balance issue as to putting the tractor on forward or backward. If fold up ramps are an issue, then backward might work best as you could raise the FEL and fold the ramps and then lower the FEL down on the ramps.

I have. I put stuff on first all the time or in the bed. For this very reason i dumped my trailer with fold up ramps for one with slide in ramps.

Chris

/ Trailering Questions #33  
Gross on your 5th wheel should be posted somewhere. Mine has the info in the main closet(mine is smaller 27' no slides). When we were looking at 5th wheels and pull behinds, they all had that tag, although it varied where it was placed. Mine is:
GVWR = 7400
Unladen = 5698
Net Carry Capacity = 1702
Full water tank = 384, 46gal@8.33lb/gal

Have friends with trailer length and slides like yours; they were in the 12-14klbs range.

I have a 36' 5th wheel RV with 4 slides. I have no idea what it tops out at fully loaded (probably don't want to know). It will squat my 250 a little over 2'' when loaded.