Kudos to Diamondpilot!

/ Kudos to Diamondpilot! #31  
I provide Avionics technical support for a company with ...we'll say many Beechjets. Although it's 70s technology, they are still relevant jets nowadays. We get a lot of use out of them for reletively low operating cost.

Nice to see a fellow aviation person hanging around tractors and equipment..

/ Kudos to Diamondpilot! #32  
Again, history of ownership. But really none of that matters to anyone but me. Ford is the only "American" car company I will touch. GM and Dodge with its Bailouts sealed the deal for me and most of the public.

Not to get off track....thanks Chris for your contributions.:drink:

I was told the only reason ford didn't need a bail out is that they restructured in 2006 or 2007, roughly two years before the worlds current money issues. I don't know if it was insight or luck. For what ever its worth. By the way I now have a 2007 lincoln lt, 2007 Expedition El and a 1996 Ranger in the driveway love them all.

/ Kudos to Diamondpilot! #34  
After reading this website for a while, i feel he is overbearing & devisive.
Sorry, just sayin....

/ Kudos to Diamondpilot! #35  
After reading this website for a while, i feel he is overbearing & devisive.
Sorry, just sayin....

After reading your post a few times, I feel you are obviously uneducated, a poor speller, or both...because there is no such word as "devisive" :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Sorry, just saying...and notice I spelled "saying" correctly while you didn't.

Why don't you be critical of me, who has been very DIVISIVE here on TBN... compared to Chris?

/ Kudos to Diamondpilot! #36  
Notice the "....."? That means there's a continuation of my sentence after the "...." That's where one is supposed to use their imagination and finish the "..." in the rest of the sentence as they wish.

I didn't know serious critique of the English language was of such great importance here.
BTW: your little tractor is cute! Just sayin...... ;)

Anyway, back to the topic and getting away from ms. spell checker:
I think the problem with many of his thousands of posts over many years is they have a little brand bash given to Dodge or GM in it, but at the top of the forums, there is a sticky that prohibits the bashing of other brands.
How is it that his claimed ownership of 2 GM trucks and 1 Dodge truck gives him special permission/expertise to bash those brands, but nobody else, no matter how much more mileage they drive than him while towing with these trucks, gets an equal say?

I have millions of logged miles driving CDL trucks and smaller trucks all over the country but my guess is if I posted something negative about Ford, it would be called "brand bashing".
IMO, the best thing this site could do is have a Ford, GM, Dodge forum so guys who own brands outside of Ford could have a place to post without having him come in with all his "expertise" and make them feel bad about their purchase.
And I'm a Ford owner!!

/ Kudos to Diamondpilot! #37  
I didn't know serious critique of the English language was of such great importance here.

It is apparrently, to many here, 100% correct use of the EL is an all consuming burning torch they carry. it seems to be FAR more important than the other info the post may convey. It doesn't matter if you've just told the guy how to completely rebuild his 60 year old hyds or steering box on his tractor.

make a typo and the SS secret spelling police jump on you and start berating you for being a bad human being because you made a typo or other gramatical error... notwithstanding the otherwise good advice you gave out. i've noticed several times those swinging the sticks do not appear to have offered the OP the same helpfull advice.. they just show up for the beating.. :)

go figure.

i too thought it was about the info.... weird eh?

soundguy

/ Kudos to Diamondpilot! #38  
As far as I know, this thread is still titled "Kudos to Diamondpilot" and many of the posts state positive things about Chris. I don't quite understand what "Hay Dude" gets out of being critical of a member that has contributed so much to TBN.

As far as brand bashing goes, anybody here who feels another member is brand bashing is free to notify a moderator and state how they feel.

/ Kudos to Diamondpilot! #39  
As far as I know, this thread is still titled "Kudos to Diamondpilot" and many of the posts state positive things about Chris. I don't quite understand what "Hay Dude" gets out of being critical of a member that has contributed so much to TBN.

As far as brand bashing goes, anybody here who feels another member is brand bashing is free to notify a moderator and state how they feel.

my comment was not to the criticality of a post to a member.. but about people picking grammar apart in general.

as for brand bashing... it may state it is verboten.. but in practice.. everybody gets in a few hits now and then.. and as long as it is not a continual tirade for hours and hours.. it usually falls in the 'tolerance' range.

And frankly i'm ok with that.

I own a POS gm product. i know it's a POS.. no one can convince me otherwise unless they want to 100% reimburse me the $$ it's cost me to keep it on 4 wheels and not on it's back.

I do good maint.. it's just been a lemony flavored machine for me.

we've all been there with a machine that bent over and grabbed it's ankles for us.

every brand has them.. whoever gets stuck with that one .. it's just going to be their personal flame.

some have gotten hosed with ford 6.0 powerstrokes... some like me havn't

luck of the draw. some peoples yukon's don't use a quart of oil per 1000m since they day they were bought ( gm says that is "BOOK NORMAL" for that 5.3 go figure..eh? ). some people's fords blow heads off.. some don't..

Dodge ram truck's dash's just crack. everybody knows it.. it just happens... A dodge ram dash from the late 90's to mid 00's that doesn't crack is an exception... :) ;)

again.. ever maker puts out a machine that passes muster just enough to not be a legitimate lemon when new.. but still manage to stick it to it's owner FOR LIFE.

and then there are the ones that run 20+ years with normal maintenance and common , expected repairs..

that's called life.

soundguy

/ Kudos to Diamondpilot! #40  
I am here to help. You may call it bashing but I have owned about 25 vehicles and I know what has bitten me. Right now I have a maintenance hog sitting in the garage. Yes, that little 335I BMW is fun to drive but I would not recommend one to my worst enemy.

Hay Dude can say what ever he wants. Same here. I have a good idea who he is so its no big deal.

Now as for brands. I actually made a offer on a 06 3500 Cummins Mega Cab SRW 4x4 with 42,000 miles. I may hate myself for it but I have always wanted a 5.9L Cummins. Just not thrilled its wrapped in a Dodge.

Chris