STAKE POCKET D-RINGS

/ STAKE POCKET D-RINGS #1  

gumshu

Platinum Member
Tractor
JD 2025R TLB, Kubota L4802 and Can Am Defender HD7
I just picket up some of these. It's nice to be able to reposition these D-Rings as needed. They are made by PJ trailer, but this place carries something similar.
Trailer Stake Pocket D-Rings, Johnson Trailer, Colfax Wisconsin
stake-pocket-d-ring-pj1.jpg

/ STAKE POCKET D-RINGS #2  
I was just looking at PJ's Lo-Pro dump and those d-rings showed up in the options list. Not sure what I would use them for on my deck trailer other than keeping the paint on the rails from getting scratched. But I'm probably missing something. What are your plans for them?

/ STAKE POCKET D-RINGS #3  
I hook chains in stake pockets or to the trailer frame. Betterbuilt recomends hooking the chains to the frame thru the pockets or rubrails to prevent bending the frame. I once broke a frame with a 6' cheater pipe on a chain binder.

/ STAKE POCKET D-RINGS
I was just looking at PJ's Lo-Pro dump and those d-rings showed up in the options list. Not sure what I would use them for on my deck trailer other than keeping the paint on the rails from getting scratched. But I'm probably missing something. What are your plans for them?
I like using D rings as opposed to stake pockets. I can alternate and place these anywhere I'd like to provide more tie down. I usually carry more than just a tractor. I'll probably buy some weld-on's, but for now, these are easy. I was just looking at a low pro and split tilt this morning:)

/ STAKE POCKET D-RINGS #6  
I didn't know they made these.I would have bought some. I welded D rings to the side of my stake pockets

/ STAKE POCKET D-RINGS #8  
I had originally thought that D-Rings were the way to go and was disappointed that there weren't any welded to my trailer. I had planned to buy some of the stake-pocket ones, but have realized there's no need for them. I can chain / strap everything to or through a stake pocket and don't need D-Rings at all.

Additionally, I have reservations about the integrity of the pin that holds them to the pocket as that potentially becomes the "weak link". Also, having the entire load distributed through two very small points of contact between the pin and the stake pocket would have me a little concerned about the pocket being able to hold up to such a pointed amount of force.

/ STAKE POCKET D-RINGS #9  
The pin would be my last concern. Its the same pin that holds the draw bar to a standard Reece hitch and is 5/8" in dia and would take about 56,000# of force to break.

Chris

/ STAKE POCKET D-RINGS #10  
The pin would be my last concern. Its the same pin that holds the draw bar to a standard Reece hitch and is 5/8" in dia and would take about 56,000# of force to break.

Chris

If that's the grade of pin, then that's a good thing and it would certainly ease my mind. I could find anything that discussed the rating of that pin, though.