Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Tractor
    kubota

Default Re: Kaufman vs Gatormade

I have owned several trailers over the past few years. Gator made trailers are top quality. especially the gooseneck and equipment trailers. i think they produced a lower quality trailer a few years ago. however, i really like the fact that they powder coat all trailers now. the powder coat ensures the trailer will look good now, and a long time in the future. i think kaufman is basically just a low priced trailer with low quality. you get what you pay for. i think it is worth the extra expense to have a quality made equipment trailer. if i were just carrying a lawnmower etc, i might consider cheap trailers. however, an equipment trailer needs to be well made, and look good into the future! i would highly recommend my gatormade gooseneck trailer!

Silver Member
    Tractor
    Kubota B7100 HST 4WD

I've got a 20+4' Kauffman, and it has been great. I've hauled my kubota (B7100 and tiller, no stress on it), my skid steer, and many loads of hay, 200+ bales. I have no complaints, and the comparable Gatormade was a good bit more expensive. I realize that it may be worth the extra, but not for my application- the Kauffman is more than fitting the bill, and Kauffman was great to do business with.
    I live in Va, and it was real reasonable for Kauffman to bring the trailer up. The local Gatormade dealer didn't have what I was looking for in stock, and couldn't get it- I would have to have purchased from the manufacturer in Texas, and paid an arm and a leg to get it here. In the long run, it was a couple thousand different, all told.
    "For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ..." Romans 1:16
    Kubota B7100 HST 4WD
    94 Dodge Ram 2500 CTD

Tractor
    Kubota M7040, Bobcat CT235, Kubota BX23 TLB & RTV 900

I considered a Kaufman, but read some bad reviews online. You may want to Google Kaufman complaints. I don't have any personal experience with them. Good luck.
    F350 6.4 Dually, PJ 14K 20', PJ 3.5K

Tractor
    NH T2320 TL

I had a Kaufman 30ft gooseneck that I put around 15k on in 4 months hauling less than loads. I never had any problems with it. I don't live to far from the factory so it was nice to go down there and pick out the trailer and haul it home. I had to order it as they didn't already have a 30ft on the lot.

-trailer_front-jpg

I'm thinking about getting one of their tilt bed trailers for my next trailer.
    Woods PHD35, Very Old 60" BB, Harbor Freight QH, BX42s Chipper, County Line Carry-All, County Line (Tarter Gate) 48" Tiller, Homemade 60" Dethatcher

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12