Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Silver Member
    Tractor
    Kioti DK50SE hst & Mahindra 3616 hst cab & Kubota BX1850

Default Kaufman vs Gatormade

Going to purchase 22' to 24' tilt bed trailer. Freight is 300 vs 900 but there are also 1600 price difference. I like both, don't want to money to be the deciding issue. Any experience with either trailer that anyone can share without bashing? Want the most bang for the buck!

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    Kubota L3830, Ford Golden Jubilee, AC B, '39 Sears Economy, Polaris Ranger 400

Quote Originally Posted by chubby
    Going to purchase 22' to 24' tilt bed trailer. Freight is 300 vs 900 but there are also 1600 price difference. I like both, don't want to money to be the deciding issue. Any experience with either trailer that anyone can share without bashing? Want the most bang for the buck!
    Can u post a pic of the Kaufman?

I do not care for Gatormade. I like CornPro and Moritz. Both well made trailers with good quality components .

Tractor
    Kubota M7040, Bobcat CT235, Kubota BX23 TLB & RTV 900

Default Re: Kaufman vs Gatormade

Quote Originally Posted by chubby View Post
    I"ve read some disappointing reviews online about people dissatisfied with Kaufman. I'd check for Kaufman reviews online... leak problems, tire problems, bad customer service, etc. I thought about Kaufman before reading about some of the issues. They do look nice, though.
    F350 6.4 Dually, PJ 14K 20', PJ 3.5K

Never seen a Gatormade. If you're going to max out the weight ratings of trailer, you might have some stress related problems with the kaufman. Especially if it's going to be a heavily used trailer. BUT, I am only basing this on reviews thru the internet. With that said, I bought a Lucknow snowblower, was told they are a POS thru the online reviews. My blower is a rugged unit, etc. I am pleased.
    TN75D, w/cab, FEL, BH
    7 1/2 ft Lucknow Blower

Tractor
    Mahindra 3510

I was considering a Kaufman equipment trailer before buying a Betterbuilt that is built in double Springs, AL.
    The bad reviews seem to be associated with big car haulers that had a off brand axle that caused failures in tires and bearings quickly Kaufman did not want to discuss the issues or how the warranty would be honored other than you bring it to us and we fix it. What if you are broke down on side of the road 3 or 4 states from North Carolina, answer was get it to us and we fix it!!

I bought the Betterbuilt- more features and less $$
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -equipment-trailer-12-jpg  
    PROUD AIR FORCE DAD

Bronze Member
    Tractor
    2005 Kioti DK45, Rhino FEL

I looked at Gatormade for several months before deciding on a Sure Trac 25' Gooseneck. Never could settle with the Gatormade folks on options and layout. Shur Trac was great to deal with. Pay attention to tires. The SureTrac came with Mission tires (no longer made) which caused me problems within 5 years.

Tractor
    2003 New Holland TC24D

I've had my Gatormade trailer almost 4 years. It is a 16' + 2' dovetail with 3500 lb axles. The paint has gotten a bit chipped and scratched from stuff flying up and hitting it and chains being thrown around and such. Structurally it has been great. Had my first problems with the wiring last week. Something flipped up and cut the power wire going to the LF wheel. Nice clean cut, all the connections were still good and tight. Also had one of the rear marker lights to lose ground. This was on the tri light on the rear that Gatormade installed. The other 2 lights on the bar worked fine. So 2 wiring problems, but neither one a Gatormade issue. I've hauled cars, trucks, sand, gravel and a little bit of everything on it.
    Jim
    New Holland TC24D

Quote Originally Posted by Quickster2
    Pay attention to tires. The SureTrac came with Mission tires (no longer made) which caused me problems within 5 years.
    5 years is a good life for a set of trailer tires. Trailer tires see a ton of abuse, and no maintenance. If you do some reading on trailer tires you will see That 5 years is a great life for trailer tires, tread wear has nothing to do with their life span.

Tractor
    Jinma 254/284 Ford 861 Powermaster at work

Quote Originally Posted by Blackhammer View Post
    5 years is a good life for a set of trailer tires. Trailer tires see a ton of abuse, and no maintenance. If you do some reading on trailer tires you will see That 5 years is a great life for trailer tires, tread wear has nothing to do with their life span.
    So true. I maintain about 75 pieces of equipment. About 2/3rds of them are boats so they have trailers. I have gotten to the point that I will not hitch up anything with bias tires or any tires older then 6 years old, period.

Chris

Gold Member
    Tractor
    NH T1510 Hydro

Quote Originally Posted by Diamondpilot View Post
    So true. I maintain about 75 pieces of equipment. About 2/3rds of them are boats so they have trailers. I have gotten to the point that I will not hitch up anything with bias tires or any tires older then 6 years old, period.

Chris
    So true indeed. I work for a very large transportation company. Any tire on any piece of road equipment can not be over ..... it's either 8 or 10 years. This goes for cars, trucks, trailers, Cranes, dumps... etc....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast