Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 58
  1. #31
    Veteran Member JESSE1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    1,144
    Location
    Kilgore, Texas
    Tractor
    JD 6400

    Default Re: Binders - Which Kind?

    Just so happens I loaded up my '56 White Friday to take it to Temple, Texas to the Texas Early Days Tractor and Engine show. This is how I tie down my trucks or tractors. I use the breakover binders on the front and ratchet binders on the rear. I tie down the front first and can take up any slack when I tie down the rear with the ratchet binders.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Binders - Which Kind?-img_0913.jpg   Binders - Which Kind?-img_0916.jpg  
    6400 John Deere w/ cab, JD 535 Baler, 997 ZTR Diesel, 72" 7 Iron deck, John Deere 855D 4x4 Diesel Gator

  2. #32
    Silver Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    219

    Default Re: Binders - Which Kind?

    Quote Originally Posted by JESSE1 View Post
    Just so happens I loaded up my '56 White Friday to take it to Temple, Texas to the Texas Early Days Tractor and Engine show. This is how I tie down my trucks or tractors. I use the breakover binders on the front and ratchet binders on the rear. I tie down the front first and can take up any slack when I tie down the rear with the ratchet binders.
    Sweet looking truck, would love to drive one of those around the block.

  3. #33
    Super Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2000
    Posts
    7,911
    Location
    Shingle Springs California
    Tractor
    New Holland TC40D

    Default Re: Binders - Which Kind?

    The front looks like it is around the axle and paint. With the restore, you did not add hooks or something for chain points, to keep that paint nice?

    Love that truck!

    Quote Originally Posted by JESSE1 View Post
    Just so happens I loaded up my '56 White Friday to take it to Temple, Texas to the Texas Early Days Tractor and Engine show. This is how I tie down my trucks or tractors.
    RobertN in Shingle Springs Calif

  4. #34
    Veteran Member JESSE1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    1,144
    Location
    Kilgore, Texas
    Tractor
    JD 6400

    Default Re: Binders - Which Kind?

    There's not a good place to add hooks. I thought about nylon straps but where I hook the chains you really can't see the chipped paint. These trucks had a lot of chipped paint when they were being used, a few more chips won't hurt them. I am very particular about the cab and fenders, I won't take any chances with them. That red paint cost a lot of overtime!
    6400 John Deere w/ cab, JD 535 Baler, 997 ZTR Diesel, 72" 7 Iron deck, John Deere 855D 4x4 Diesel Gator

  5. #35
    Super Member 94BULLITT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    6,522
    Location
    Frederick County, VA
    Tractor
    Kubota BX2360 & L4240 HSTC

    Default Re: Binders - Which Kind?

    Quote Originally Posted by JESSE1 View Post
    There's not a good place to add hooks. I thought about nylon straps but where I hook the chains you really can't see the chipped paint. These trucks had a lot of chipped paint when they were being used, a few more chips won't hurt them. I am very particular about the cab and fenders, I won't take any chances with them. That red paint cost a lot of overtime!
    Take old tire on cut it down and lay the tread down on the axle and the chain on the wheel side of the tire.
    Roger

    Kubota BX2360 & Kubota L4240 with paddle shifter, suicide doors and 24's
    Past Stuff: Ford 8N, Cub Cadet 2206, Bobcat CT235

    My Threads

    EA Wicked Grapple Build - 3PH Pallet Mover - Harbor Freight QH Mods - L4240 Upgrades - BX2360 Upgrades- How Add a Switch to a Worklight

    My YouTube Channel

  6. #36
    Silver Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    219

    Default Re: Binders - Which Kind?

    I prolly should not post this, but this is a rip off. I went to a popular farm store today and looked at the ratchet binders, mainly due to this thread. These were the same chinese made binders,same color, same stamping as we buy at work and sell.These were priced at 58.99 each! I mean come on...these things are less than 20.00 cost each. I was just shocked...thats a heck of a mark up.

  7. #37
    Super Member 94BULLITT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    6,522
    Location
    Frederick County, VA
    Tractor
    Kubota BX2360 & L4240 HSTC

    Default Re: Binders - Which Kind?

    Quote Originally Posted by saltbranch View Post
    I prolly should not post this, but this is a rip off. I went to a popular farm store today and looked at the ratchet binders, mainly due to this thread. These were the same chinese made binders,same color, same stamping as we buy at work and sell.These were priced at 58.99 each! I mean come on...these things are less than 20.00 cost each. I was just shocked...thats a heck of a mark up.
    That popular farm store is a huge rip off.
    Roger

    Kubota BX2360 & Kubota L4240 with paddle shifter, suicide doors and 24's
    Past Stuff: Ford 8N, Cub Cadet 2206, Bobcat CT235

    My Threads

    EA Wicked Grapple Build - 3PH Pallet Mover - Harbor Freight QH Mods - L4240 Upgrades - BX2360 Upgrades- How Add a Switch to a Worklight

    My YouTube Channel

  8. #38
    Elite Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    3,980
    Location
    Murray, KY
    Tractor
    265 MF / JD 310B Backhoe

    Default Re: Binders - Which Kind?

    I like the rachet binders for our chain on forks for the FEL.

  9. #39
    Silver Member FTG-05's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    200
    Location
    SW Lincoln County, TN
    Tractor
    Kubota L4330 w/FEL

    Default Re: Binders - Which Kind?

    Quote Originally Posted by 94BULLITT View Post
    That popular farm store is a huge rip off.
    What's the name of this popular farm store? TSC?

  10. #40
    Super Member 94BULLITT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    6,522
    Location
    Frederick County, VA
    Tractor
    Kubota BX2360 & L4240 HSTC

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FTG-05

    What's the name of this popular farm store? TSC?
    I believe that is the one he is talking about, it's the one i was refering to. The binders he was talking about were that price on their site. I know 3/16 lynch pins are 4x as much as what I can get them for at the dealer.
    Roger

    Kubota BX2360 & Kubota L4240 with paddle shifter, suicide doors and 24's
    Past Stuff: Ford 8N, Cub Cadet 2206, Bobcat CT235

    My Threads

    EA Wicked Grapple Build - 3PH Pallet Mover - Harbor Freight QH Mods - L4240 Upgrades - BX2360 Upgrades- How Add a Switch to a Worklight

    My YouTube Channel

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. which chains and binders should i use?
    By bjess8 in forum Trailers & Transportation
    Replies: 56
    Last Post: 04-04-2010, 07:20 PM
  2. chain/binders
    By buck12 in forum Trailers & Transportation
    Replies: 65
    Last Post: 06-01-2009, 04:21 PM
  3. Why four binders?
    By n8586m in forum Trailers & Transportation
    Replies: 76
    Last Post: 04-04-2009, 07:27 AM
  4. Chain and binders
    By Roger2561 in forum Safety
    Replies: 35
    Last Post: 05-31-2006, 06:33 PM
  5. Why binders?
    By MLB in forum Owning/Operating
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 06-29-2003, 11:59 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
© 2013 TractorByNet.com. TractorByNet is a registered trademark of IMC Digital Universe, Inc. Other trademarks on this page are the property of their respective owners.