2014 GM Sierra/Silverado

/ 2014 GM Sierra/Silverado #1  

JDgreen227

Tractor
4210 MFWD Ehydro--'89 JD 318
Just read in the local news that the General is planning to debut the 2014 models in mid-December this year...was thinking about buying a 2013 model but now waiting to learn more about the "NEW, REDESIGNED, IMPROVED" 2014. Anybody got a clue if the changes are just cosmetic, or is the truck really new? Reason I am asking, may lose my GMS/GMO purchase status soon...thanks.

/ 2014 GM Sierra/Silverado #2  
From what I've read, the frame and such will remain unchanged as that was just upgraded for 2011. Originally it was stupposed to be an all new truck in 2011, but because of the bankruptcy they ended up just doing the frame and now finally the body/interior. Haven't heard much about powerplants.

/ 2014 GM Sierra/Silverado #4  
I suggest you consider another option. When I worked for the company, at my position we had to buy new product every other year to evaluate performance durability, dealer relations, etc. In my careeer I bought 21 brand new vehicles (it was a new vehicle ordered every year at first). The discount was based on the vehicle and the mileage accumulated. I always drove them up to 7500 miles for the maximum discount. Sometimes this was done by going out on the 5 mile around circle track and eating my lunch.

Anyways, when its time to sell the vehicle, they/we just want their money back for a down payment on the next one. This means you can find plenty of 'company used' vehicles for sale in the Warren, Milford, Pontiac, Ann Arbor, Flint areas at rock bottom prices. Sometimes PEP drivers just turn them in and they are sent to an auction near Detroit where the dealers buy them and sell them back to you. Yes you can go to the auction, too.

All I'm saying is that you could find one of these sellers and get a great price on a mint condition truck or car. Its had all things put into design intent, including glass, paint, trim, interior and bed. They are usually loaded to the gills because the large discount on options.

Just my suggestion for the day. Might take a bit of work to hunt one down, but a new truck for less that 1/2 price is a real possibility.

/ 2014 GM Sierra/Silverado #5  
I suggest you consider another option. When I worked for the company, at my position we had to buy new product every other year to evaluate performance durability, dealer relations, etc. In my careeer I bought 21 brand new vehicles (it was a new vehicle ordered every year at first). The discount was based on the vehicle and the mileage accumulated. I always drove them up to 7500 miles for the maximum discount. Sometimes this was done by going out on the 5 mile around circle track and eating my lunch.

Anyways, when its time to sell the vehicle, they/we just want their money back for a down payment on the next one. This means you can find plenty of 'company used' vehicles for sale in the Warren, Milford, Pontiac, Ann Arbor, Flint areas at rock bottom prices. Sometimes PEP drivers just turn them in and they are sent to an auction near Detroit where the dealers buy them and sell them back to you. Yes you can go to the auction, too.

All I'm saying is that you could find one of these sellers and get a great price on a mint condition truck or car. Its had all things put into design intent, including glass, paint, trim, interior and bed. They are usually loaded to the gills because the large discount on options.

Just my suggestion for the day. Might take a bit of work to hunt one down, but a new truck for less that 1/2 price is a real possibility.

Normally I only buy new because I get supplier pricing but I did just what you are saying a couple weeks ago. Got a 9 month old corporate owned 2012 GMC with 11,000 miles, not a scratch on it, loaded SLT for about $24,000. Even had 3 years paid on the XM & Onstar.

/ 2014 GM Sierra/Silverado
Thanks for the input...would certainly consider buying company used...my brother just got a fantastic deal on a demo 2012 Colorado, 7000 miles..loaded up, not a scratch on it and he paid something like 70% of MSRP on the sticker. I posted the thread mainly because I was wondering if the "new, redesigned" 2014 model was innovative and advanced to wait for one. Current truck is a Y2K GMC Yukon XL...I keep my vehicles forever. My brother trades all the time...yeah, I am envious of his new truck!

Attachments

• 021.jpg
    021.jpg
    611.1 KB · Views: 5,194
   / 2014 GM Sierra/Silverado #7  
They doors all close within the cab again. The projection beam headlights are also standard!! I will be buying a new sierra in 2015!!

/ 2014 GM Sierra/Silverado #8  

I wondered how this process worked. My Dad's best friend was an engineer at Chevrolet back in the 60s, 70s, & 80s (he was chief design engineer of the '70 Monte Carlo) and my Dad would have him order up a new car every few years. I'm sure a lot of the process has changed since then but he would drive it for a few months until it got to the magic mileage and then he'd call us and we'd drive up and pick up the new ride and sell the old one up there. I spent many a Thanksgiving up in Farmington Hills, MI back then...

/ 2014 GM Sierra/Silverado #9  
My understanding is that the 1/2 ton trucks will be a full redesign and the 3/4 ton are likely to follow by about 6-8 months and are likely mainly external styling and much-needed interior upgrades. As noted, for 2011 model year, the 2500/3500 series trucks were essentially redesigned aside from styling, as the budget at that time did not allow that apparently. There have been some spy shots of the heavily-disguised 1500 level truck with interior shots that show a complete interior redesign. I am not in the automotive industry, but this is what I have heard. Those with more specific information are welcomed to contradict this.

John M

/ 2014 GM Sierra/Silverado #10  
i heard a redone interior and sheet metal to me from the fron clip back the truck looks like a 2011 the dash likes different then my 2011 3500hd