Top Hat Trailers vs PJ Trailers

/ Top Hat Trailers vs PJ Trailers #1  

Lonmower

Tractor
Kubota L3710
Looking at an 18' lowboy with 5200# axles considering Top Hat and PJ trailers. PJ trailer $3,500 Top Hat $2,795 both look like pretty well made trailers. Anyone have any experiance with either brand /pros and cons? Pulling a Kubota L3710 with loader and brush hog using a half ton Ford. Could probably get by with 3500# axles but figured 5200# axles would give me a little more safety factor.

/ Top Hat Trailers vs PJ Trailers #2  
All of my trailers are Top Hat. They are about the lightest per square ft trailers around. They tow nice and easy due to that, but can't handle overloading as well as heavier trailers such as Big Tex. Stay within rated capacity and you'll be good to go. From my brief reading on PJ, they are a little heavier than Top Hat.

/ Top Hat Trailers vs PJ Trailers #3  
Top Hat has a good rep around here. Never owned one but hear good things.

Chris

/ Top Hat Trailers vs PJ Trailers #4  
I've got a PJ ...good trailer, no problems in two years, very stoutly built

Rich

/ Top Hat Trailers vs PJ Trailers #6  
I like the PJ trailers, that said I bought a CM trailer for a very good price. They are located in Ennis tx. It was worth the drive for me in the $$ savings.

/ Top Hat Trailers vs PJ Trailers #7  
I have owned my 20 FT PJ bumper pull trailer(7000 lbs axles)since 2008 could not be happier.coobie

/ Top Hat Trailers vs PJ Trailers #8  
PJ is a higher quality product. Powder coated, thicker gauge, bigger wheel studs, etc. Maxi and Load and Trail aware comparable in quality, due to the fact that the owners of those two companies started out at PJ. Top Hat makes an ok trailer, but in a couple years you would see a major difference in the condition of the unit. Spend the extra dough now, and be much happier later.

/ Top Hat Trailers vs PJ Trailers #9  
Ditto on PJ. 7' x 20' 10K. All the bells and whisles. Priced right! Pulls great. 'love it.

/ Top Hat Trailers vs PJ Trailers #10  
I've owned a 16' PJ for 6 years now. It's been a good trailer for me.