Are women born mechanically challenged?

/ Are women born mechanically challenged? #41  
My wife tries to fix whatever she can by herself, but if I expect to get out of all the work in the house, and I do, I better fix everything outside. If I wasn't around I would expect her to use her best judgment on all the repairs and hope she wouldn't get taken by Mr. Goodwrench, but then I have been taken by them also. All we can do is do the best we can with the information available, but others seem to always know a better way to fix the problem.

/ Are women born mechanically challenged?
From what I have seen from your posts on this forum, I dont think you care what anyone thinks. I believe you just like to throw yourself pity parties on here and neglect to take in any of the useful advice people have tried to give you on your MANY problems.

AWWWW.....HOW SAD.....it's a free country here and a free forum and I can say whatever I want. Suppose next time you have a plumber over to your house and he does 7 hours of work I hope he charges you for 10 so you have an idea of how much contempt I have for Mr. Monkeywrench and his associates. :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

/ Are women born mechanically challenged? #43  
Most shops charge the hrs by book rates. for example the book might say 3 hrs to replace a water pump so that is what is charged even if the job only took 2 hrs to do

/ Are women born mechanically challenged? #44  
AWWWW.....HOW SAD.....it's a free country here and a free forum and I can say whatever I want. Suppose next time you have a plumber over to your house and he does 7 hours of work I hope he charges you for 10 so you have an idea of how much contempt I have for Mr. Monkeywrench and his associates. :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

They always charge at least the estimate, even if it takes less time that they thought it would.

/ Are women born mechanically challenged? #45  
Ill be sure to jump on tractorbynet.com and start a thread (sob story) about how many times Ive been taken by plumber x and how I still continue to go back and use him so I have more useless threads to start.

/ Are women born mechanically challenged? #46  

I had an estimate for $300 to dig a trench with a tractor backhoe and $200 to come back and backfill it after the job was done. After 1.5 hours he was done with the dig which he expected it to take 4 hours to do. I asked him if he was going to give me break on the price because it didn't take that long, and of course I knew what his answer was going to be, "I don't do that." So he got himself a super raise for that job and I was fried. I wouldn't get him to dig my grave after that.

I back-filled it myself with a X740 or equivalent at the time, in a few hours, but I know he would have stuffed me on that one to. Of course, the only thing I can do is mention to my friends how I feel I got a raw deal from him. The thing is, I use to work with the guy at a JD factory so maybe he wanted to get a piece o' me.

/ Are women born mechanically challenged? #47  

You're going to have to associate with more Technicians rather than hanging around the monkey bar place!:thumbsup:

/ Are women born mechanically challenged? #48  
I had an estimate for $300 to dig a trench with a tractor backhoe and $200 to come back and backfill it after the job was done. After 1.5 hours he was done with the dig which he expected it to take 4 hours to do. I asked him if he was going to give me break on the price because it didn't take that long, and of course I knew what his answer was going to be, "I don't do that." So he got himself a super raise for that job and I was fried. I wouldn't get him to dig my grave after that. I back-filled it myself with a X740 or equivalent at the time, in a few hours, but I know he would have stuffed me on that one to. Of course, the only thing I can do is mention to my friends how I feel I got a raw deal from him. The thing is, I use to work with the guy at a JD factory so maybe he wanted to get a piece o' me.

When you ask someone for an "estimate", as you did, that's what you get, an ESTIMATE!!
Maybe he thought he was going to hit rocks, stumps or who knows what. If he hit a 6' diameter boulder and it took 8 hours, would he get paid more than his estimate?
Did he hold a .357 to your head and make you accept his estimate? You should have asked him to work by the hour if you wanted to pay for exactly what you wanted, but then you might be back here complaining that he worked really slow and took a lot of breaks???

I understand your frustrations, but I'm sure you're a big boy and understand that when you run machinery for people (like I do) for a living, sometimes you finish sooner, sometimes it takes you longer. Hopefully it all evens out in the end. I can tell you that if someone is willing to trailer a backhoe to your house and do just about ANY trench for $400, that's not all that bad. It probably took him >1 hour to load the machine, binder it down, unload at your place 1.5 hrs to dig your trench, than >1 hour to load machine and take it home.

/ Are women born mechanically challenged? #49  
Women are smarter than men when it comes to getting out of doing things they do not want to do perhaps? :D
Oh there's a science to that and it's not just for women. I no longer get invited to go to the mall. :)

/ Are women born mechanically challenged? #50  
When you ask someone for an "estimate", as you did, that's what you get, an ESTIMATE!!

Yep, that's why it's a good idea to try and get more than just one bid (estimate) for the job.