Are women born mechanically challenged?

/ Are women born mechanically challenged? #61  
Mace, I was coming around the stern of a Chinese tramp steamer that was tied up alongside the floating processer we had just delivered crab to. Three chinese guys in full length coveralls walked up to the rail unzipped and took a whiz obviously having some kinda pissin contest. All 3 of them could shoot a lot further than I could and I was only 20 at the time. We pulled in closer as they were finishing and zipping up lo and behold they were all three Chinese WOMEN, with pumps and dexterity like they had I have no doubt they could not only write their name but do works of art in the snow as well. :)

WOW! Who knew?? :shocked: I wonder...if they tried writing their names in the snow, would they write horizontally or vertically? :D

/ Are women born mechanically challenged? #62  
With those funny chinese letters not sure I could tell the difference

/ Are women born mechanically challenged? #63  
Do you think I give a s*** about what you think? Tell you something...my ex-wife took the car in at 7:30 am one day and she picked it up at 3:30pm. According to the repair orders only one mechanic worked on it and the total bill for labor was over $850 and the labor rate according to the RO was $85 per hour. Over ten hours of labor was charged, and they had the car no more than 8 hours....no doubt the mechanic worked on it during his lunch period and during his morning and afternoon break periods too.

MR. MONKEYWRENCH AT YOUR SERVICE !!!!!!! RIPOFF ARTISTS !!!! Know what amazes me? I worked for 31 years as a carpenter and I never padded my time or expense reports. After retiring I worked as a private contractor doing the same type of work and I never padded my time or material expenses or mileage billed to a customer, EVER. At $20-25 an hour for labor and 0.25 per mile, padding my time and expenses would have been dishonest. But apparently Mr. Monkeywrench has no misgivings about padding the bill for maybe 7 actual hours of labor UP TO TEN HOURS, and at $85 labor charge per hour that should be prosecuted as criminal fraud. And don't get me started on the "flat rate" c*** used by repair shops. All that flat rate c*** does is encourage mechanics to work as fast as possible and and do p*** poor work so their employer can s***w over the customers.....REALLY.

I'm not going to get in the middle of this...but, flatrate is the only fair way to do this. I was a service manager in a large car dealership in a previous life...I had guys that could replace a clutch in 45 minutes that paid a FR of 8 hrs...There were also new guys that would take 12 hours...Would you prefer the luck of the draw as to which tech is better....You could just pay the 12 hours if you lost the lottery that day..

/ Are women born mechanically challenged? #65  
   / Are women born mechanically challenged? #66  
no politics in the forum

We have some members who put politics in every post.
without typing a word, I might add.....hint, hint.

/ Are women born mechanically challenged? #67  
My wife isn't much on mechanical stuff, but is WAY better than me when it comes to construction and woodworking. I guess my thoughts on the OP's situation is it's better to have an ex-wife making bad decisions with her money than a wife making bad decisions with our money. :thumbsup:

/ Are women born mechanically challenged? #68  
My wife isn't much on mechanical stuff, but is WAY better than me when it comes to construction and woodworking. I guess my thoughts on the OP's situation is it's better to have an ex-wife making bad decisions with her money than a wife making bad decisions with our money. :thumbsup:

That just about sum's it up!

/ Are women born mechanically challenged? #69  
From what I have seen from your posts on this forum, I dont think you care what anyone thinks. I believe you just like to throw yourself pity parties on here and neglect to take in any of the useful advice people have tried to give you on your MANY problems.

Finally, somebody said it!! Using TractorbyNet as your daily diary of petty problems is becoming a trend that OP seems to be taking on the leadership of. I wonder why she is your EX wife? Wait, no I don't.

/ Are women born mechanically challenged? #70  
boxygen, your thread just finally opened my eyes thanks!

jdgreen, My condolences on losing your wife. Divorce is often harder than losing your spouse to death, they are gone from your home life yet instead of getting love, hugs, n chicken noodle soup half your friends are mad at you and the other half stay away cause they are afraid it is contagious. When my exwife dumped me I was a wreck for a while, thank god I had 2 daughters to raise to keep me focused on what was important. After a few months I realized how lucky I was to be out of that relationship and while I would have never dumped her, the next best thing she gave me after our 2 daughters was to dump me:cool2: