Grade 70 chains

/ Grade 70 chains
I was looking at campbell and peerless ratchet binders. It seems they have both domestic and import. When you look at the specs between them they seem to be the same.

/ Grade 70 chains #22  
I was looking at campbell and peerless ratchet binders. It seems they have both domestic and import. When you look at the specs between them they seem to be the same.

I'll bet they are darn near the exact same measurements. Now if we could only rest assured that metal quality and production consistancy was the same we would be good to go. I want to believe but personal history and common knowledge has shown me that metal quality can vary widely and that normal production quality can vary from pass to fail real quick. If my life, health or personal property didn't depend on it I'd be good to go with the import but that's not the case right now. And so it is.

/ Grade 70 chains #23  
I'll bet they are darn near the exact same measurements. Now if we could only rest assured that metal quality and production consistancy was the same we would be good to go. I want to believe but personal history and common knowledge has shown me that metal quality can vary widely and that normal production quality can vary from pass to fail real quick. If my life, health or personal property didn't depend on it I'd be good to go with the import but that's not the case right now. And so it is.

+1. The spec (Grade 70) is the gozinta. Reality is the gozouta. Those that think the two are the same, should do so with trepidation. For stuff that matters - that's stuff that needs to be restrained with G70-spec'd chains and binders - I buy American, not china- or india-made. Buy once, cry once.

Good luck!