2013 looks to be a good year for Ram HD trucks

/ 2013 looks to be a good year for Ram HD trucks #101  
Hey, I have no problem saying someone got it right. Big capacity, upgraded Cummins, a real tranny, ect. Whats not to like? Me personally, I don't care for the styling. Your generation Dodge to me were the best exteriors but I never cared for my 2500's interior. Dodge has made improvements in that dept also.

Chris

so... you gonna buy one? :D

/ 2013 looks to be a good year for Ram HD trucks #102  
so... you gonna buy one? :D

I will look. I will not own another dually so it will depend on how a 3500 SRW compared out to a comparable Ford.

The cost is just crazy anymore on these trucks and as long as my currently truck remains reliable I will keep them. The day they cost me a job and money I move on.

Chris

/ 2013 looks to be a good year for Ram HD trucks #103  
   / 2013 looks to be a good year for Ram HD trucks #104  
I like that they still offer a manual trans but it would be nice if they did not have the power cut back on it.

/ 2013 looks to be a good year for Ram HD trucks #105  
Its not a donkey as a hood ornaments, its a Ram, and its very macho, so don't make fun of what you don't understand. :) As far as the DEF goes, I actually think its a good thing. I think it cuts back on all the DPF regens and stuff and in the long run, saves some MPG and money.

That there Ram with Horns is used for shoving the slow ones up the hills.:thumbsup::D

/ 2013 looks to be a good year for Ram HD trucks #106  
I like that they still offer a manual trans but it would be nice if they did not have the power cut back on it.

Certainly the clutch is the weak point but I'd be curious to see what each is putting to the wheels. Driving similar vehicles auto vs. manual, the manual always "felt" stronger...

/ 2013 looks to be a good year for Ram HD trucks #107  
i own 2011 3500hd my trucks detuned from the factory its the gas motor and its a slush box as far as i know all 3500 trucks are detuned from factory as far as manuel tranny its called manuel mode in an auto trans

/ 2013 looks to be a good year for Ram HD trucks #108  
case245 said:
as far as manuel tranny its called manuel mode in an auto trans
Yeah and that's the exact same thing... :rolleyes:

/ 2013 looks to be a good year for Ram HD trucks #110  
2001 and 2002 had the best Cummins engine. EPA has made the diesels more expensive and complex since.

2001–2002 5.883 L; 359.0 cu in Cummins ISB 24-valve Diesel I6 245 hp (183 kW) (High Output) 505 lb·ft (685 N·m)