2013 looks to be a good year for Ram HD trucks

/ 2013 looks to be a good year for Ram HD trucks #81  
I would have to agree that the coil spring suspension is desirable. That one feature Is the only reason I considered the dodge when I purchased my ford. The 2011-12 models didn't have enough payload capacity for my needs and the ecoboost was hard to pass. Now with the 8 speed and if the air suspension will add to the payload, it would be a closer call.

/ 2013 looks to be a good year for Ram HD trucks #82  
In the latest versions the 6 speed Torque Shift, actually a 7 speed tranny, has won the best of from many diesel truck magazines. I am not so sure this will be true with the Asian tranny now available but the Allison 1000 is not its all cracked up to be, especially when you start adding power.

Chris
Agreed, the Allison will fail quick when you start tying them to the back of a fueled up Cummins... The 48RE Dodge trans. actually holds up better...
As for the new Ford transmission, I do not know how many advertisement dollars Ford had to spend to win that contest, but we have not had ANY consistent luck out of the 12 2011-2012 F550 transmissions.. They are not abused and are very well maintained... they just do not function properly and are constantly in the shop.

/ 2013 looks to be a good year for Ram HD trucks #83  
Leaf spring suspension is cheaper to manufacture than a 5 link setup... I have owned countless 1/2 ton GM pickups from 67-72... They hauled way more than rated capacity and rode better than a comparable new truck. Manufacturers are going back to the 5 link due to needing to increase ride comfort for the candy arsed grocery getter crowd and trying to find some way to seperate themselves from their competition.
The current Ford Super Duty line is the one that needs some SERIOUS rear spring help... What a bunch of weak crap!. Come to find out, Ford thought it would be a good idea to soften up the rear end of a SD to help ride comfort for those same candy arse grocery getters that thought they needed a diesel to get to Krogers and back!.
The local dealerships are reccomending air bags for complaining owners!!!

/ 2013 looks to be a good year for Ram HD trucks #85  
   / 2013 looks to be a good year for Ram HD trucks #88  
Diesel Power mag did a write up on the new Rams a month or so back and they raved about the new Ram and had a pretty good description of the changes. One problem I see, they look the same as the old model even though they are very different.

/ 2013 looks to be a good year for Ram HD trucks #89  
Do all Ram HD's finally get Aisin transmissions? that would really be the winning ticket then.

/ 2013 looks to be a good year for Ram HD trucks #90  
Do all Ram HD's finally get Aisin transmissions? that would really be the winning ticket then.

Just certain 3500's with the 385/850 engine. Then the c and c models get a different Aisin like they have all along.