Opinions on trailer length (is 24+5 enough) ???

/ Opinions on trailer length (is 24+5 enough) ??? #1  

pharmvet

Platinum Member
Tractor
Ford 7710 II FWA, NH TB110 FWA w/ NH 46LB loader, JD 5303 2wd w/ loader
I found a used low profile flatbed duel tandem trailer. Apparently it has a 24'deck with a 5' dovetail. Can I haule my 7710 ford attached to a 10' rihino shredder or an 8' JD offset disk? Is this trailer long enough? thanks

/ Opinions on trailer length (is 24+5 enough) ??? #2  
I'm assuming it's a gooseneck and tractor has a loader?
If so, both my farm tractors with bush hogs both fit on 25' trailer, but the loader as to rest on the neck of the gooseneck. Even if it's a bumper pull, you'll have to set your loader bucket past bulkhead. Also, I have slide out ramps (not fold up) to allow implement to hang past back a little.

I'd be more concerned about width. 10' is within limits of agricultural use, but pretty hairy to pull around on skinny roads.

Best to hook it up and measure front to back before you buy.

/ Opinions on trailer length (is 24+5 enough) ??? #3  
i'd measure it. my 7610s and 15' batwing are cramped and may overhang ( just eyeing up ) on my similar trailer..

/ Opinions on trailer length (is 24+5 enough) ??? #4  
My tractor and MX6 mower from bucket lip to back of tail wheel is 24'. I get by with a 22' bumper pull but with set up wished I had a few more feet to better balance the load. Towing with a half ton makes those issues important.

/ Opinions on trailer length (is 24+5 enough) ??? #5  
wished I had a few more feet to better balance the load. .

that's what I tell people that are looking at 2 trialers and one is a lil longer. if you can aford it and still make the turns you need.. go for longer. never hurts to have an extra 2' of deck.. always bad to have 2' not enough deck.. :)

Towing with a half ton makes those issues important.

yup.. i finally got tired of trying to white knuckle it and make hauls at the extreme safe limit of a half ton and made the jump to a bigger truck. have never been happier. I know tires will cost me a couple hundred more .. but.. the safety is worth it.