Chaining a kubota

/ Chaining a kubota #1  

ST98

Bronze Member
Tractor
Kubota L3540
Is there any special way to chain the front end of a kubota 4wd 3540 down? A buddy of mine told me that kubota has a certain way it's supposed to be done over the front axle.

Thanks for your help

/ Chaining a kubota #2  
I like to run a strap through the big tube between the loader arms. That is about the best point I have found to tie to.

/ Chaining a kubota #3  
Usually if it has specific requirements, it would be in the manual. What does the dealer say?

/ Chaining a kubota #4  
I like the chain attachment bar that is on my B26 under the front and on the backhoe. Just run my chain thru it and bind it down. I then put a strap across the FEL arms as they have no sharp edges and strap across the dipper on the back hoe just as extra precaution. I use straps rated at WL 5200# and the chains are 3/8" grade 70.
As for chaining over the front end, I would think as long as you arent on top of the tie rods or your chain is not on the oil plugs on top of the axle that you would be good to go. Just look where your chains are riding to make sure they arent on top of something that will bend or break.

/ Chaining a kubota #5  
My TC33 has a front frame extenion that acts as a weight rack/small bumper, I loop the chain through that on mine. If you have a front weight rack/bumper/grill guard i would suggest the same. If not and you just have the nekid front end, then i would wrap around the axle. You could use axle straps and chain to those also.

88509.jpg

/ Chaining a kubota #6  
I run a strap over the bucket on the fel. Then I run a chain through the frame of the B3200 just behind the grill guard. Then I run a strap through the lower portion of the backhoe. Then I run a chain across the backhoe bucket resting on the deck of the trailer.
If I have the bush hog on the tractor, I run a strap across the lower links on the tph, and a chain across the back of the bush hog.:p

/ Chaining a kubota #7  
I like to run a strap through the big tube between the loader arms. That is about the best point I have found to tie to.

That's also what I like to do.