2014 Silverado/Sierra released

/ 2014 Silverado/Sierra released #1  

RollingsFarms

Veteran Member
Tractor
Few John Deere's and one Ford 3600 diesel.
I'll admit, I am quite dissapointed. You would think they would have released at least ONE new engine, but all they did was dress up old engines (minus the 6.2 which in my opinion they have ruined by putting on AFM). The "all new" stuff they're touting is either cheesy or has been around since 2005 (torsion bars in the tailgate? ummm, that's standard on ALL trucks now, geniuses). Can't believe they kept the 4.3 v6 and didn't go with the 3.6 instead. No turbo, no diesel, no new engines, nothing to see here.

PickupTrucks.com - News

/ 2014 Silverado/Sierra released #2  
Agreed.

/ 2014 Silverado/Sierra released
I can understand keeping the 5.3 since Dodge kept the 5.7 but I just don't see how they're going to compete power and torque wise with anything out there. The big shocker to me was keeping that raggedy old 4.3. Yeah they're good engines but for Christ sakes it's time to move on! they have better v6's, why not use them? This is just stupid. Welcome to 3rd place GM.

/ 2014 Silverado/Sierra released #4  
I am not surprised. I will laugh my arse off the day they release a bed step after making so much fun of Ford with it. Oh wait, they now have one. Give me a break. GM is so far behind they think they are leading. Lol...:)

Long story short they are playing catchup as always. Ford, Toyota, Dodge, and even Nissan with its 10 year old design are ahead of them.

Chris

I am not surprised. I will laugh my arse off the day they release a bed step after making so much fun of Ford with it.

Long story short they are playing catchup as always. Ford, Toyota, Dodge, and even Nissan with its 10 year old design are ahead of them.

Chris

If you have a chance, take a look at the pics. Instead of having to eat their words about picking on Ford's tailgate step, they decided to put cut-outs in the bumper.lol In other words, they liked the function of the tailgate step, but once they made that statement they couldn't copy it so they came up with their own version which will attract plenty of mud, snow/ice, etc. In my opinion they REALLY dropped the ball in the engine department and that will be the downfall of these trucks. As competitive as the full-size truck market is you CAN NOT keep sticking OLD engines in supposedly "all-new" trucks. Sure, there are a few diehard GM guys out there that will love anything they do, but I don't see them pulling any customers away from Ford, Dodge or even Toyota. That AFM crap has been known to consume oil since it came out in 2007 and they haven't fixed the issue yet, so what do they do? They put it on ALL of their engines, and not only that but the one GOOD engine they had (6.2) they have now ruined and jeapordized its reliability now. Good job, GM. Looks like I'll be going to Ford (I don't care if I have to travel out of state to get a deal) or buy another Toyota next time. I was being generous when I said welcome to 3rd place, when Toyota redesigns the Tundra it most likely will put GM in 4th place.

/ 2014 Silverado/Sierra released #6  
Well looks like you guys don't like the Chevy much. This Chevy owner will have to admit, Ford is #1 for a reason, and Dodge is coming on fast. I will have to admit if I was in the market for a new truck, I would probably be at the blue oval place, and might even stop at the Ram place to look them over.

James K0UA

/ 2014 Silverado/Sierra released #7  
Well its a Ford for me, So much for waiting on a new Chevy

/ 2014 Silverado/Sierra released #8  
Ill admit I am not a GM guy, especially now after the bailout. I have owned four of which two were awful.

That said, like the original poster stated, they had a opportunity to really do something new but just added features everyone else has.

Most of what they tout my 06 Ford and 08 Titan already have on 10 year old designs.

Chris

/ 2014 Silverado/Sierra released #9  
The engines are all new. They just share the same displacement with the old engines.

The engines are all new. They just share the same displacement with the old engines.

ok i must be missing something....How have they leaped forward. All the new improvements have been in use by other manufacturers already. The only thing stated new on their engines is comp ratio, VVT and direct injection. oh and they added AFM which most people hate because it consumes oil like there's no tomorrow and GM has never resolved the issue, just said "it's normal". I dont see anything significantly changed or advanced. their engines are all the same size too. I mean why throw all that money changing the 4.3 when you have a great 3.6 v6 motor in your lineup that is fuel efficient and powerful like ford did with the 3.7.
just my 2 cents, does anyone else feel the same way?