Maybe a new GM small diesel pickup??????

/ Maybe a new GM small diesel pickup?????? #11  
What about vw tourag or audi or porshe diesel suv's? I would think they would compare to a tahoe.

/ Maybe a new GM small diesel pickup?????? #12  
If you read the next to last paragraph it says "As for a turbo-diesel in either of the coming GM half-tons (a la the Duramax 4.5-liter V-8), we think the chances are quite slim." I don't think we will see the a diesel in a 1/2 ton with were the gas motors are now. The cost of the diesel would be so high especially with all of the emissions junk it would not be beneficial in a 1/2 ton . You would probably be doing good if you got 25MPG. I can't see a diesel in a Colorado, they barely even sell any so why waist the time putting a diesel in it.

/ Maybe a new GM small diesel pickup?????? #13  
not too familiar with the colorados, why is there so much hatred for them? The s-10's sold a billion. What is different with the colorado/canyon?

/ Maybe a new GM small diesel pickup?????? #14  
Would like to see a diesel Tahoe, expedition or explorer. BMW has a diesel suv, why cant Ford/GM?

I agree it would be nice to see, I just don't see it being likely.

/ Maybe a new GM small diesel pickup?????? #15  
What about vw tourag or audi or porshe diesel suv's? I would think they would compare to a tahoe.

I don't think they are that comparable, a tahoe is already built on a 1/2 ton truck platform. From what I have seen, (my opinion, others may differ) is that there really isn't a no comparison to a tahoe/suburban or an expedition as far as "trucks" go. Used to drive me nuts when a friend of mine used to have a Toyota Highlander and referred to it as his "truck." I think minimum requirement to be called a truck is to have a frame, maybe it's just me though.

/ Maybe a new GM small diesel pickup?????? #16  
It drives me crazy when people call a SUV a truck.

/ Maybe a new GM small diesel pickup?????? #17  
not too familiar with the colorados, why is there so much hatred for them? The s-10's sold a billion. What is different with the colorado/canyon?

They were not all they were cracked up to be. When the came out they bragged up the 5 cylinder to have the fuel effciency of a 4cyl and power of a 6cyl. They were dogs and got poor fuel economy. I think the newer ones are better. I think the mid size trucks are dying all together.

/ Maybe a new GM small diesel pickup?????? #18  
We have 500G of diesel delivered at a time to my shop and farm for all OTR vehicles. Only gasser left is our Tahoe. Really hoping GM or Ford will offer a large diesel SUV soon. Were ready for a change and would love to use the cheaper fuel I get delivered. If the domestics dont do it soon, we'll be downsizing to BMW diesel.
I know BMW's are considered "junk", here, but we like our BMW and wouldn't hesitate to buy another.
I have a friend who had a X5 which had a nasty vibration at 60+MPH. Ended up being the rear diff carrier bearings (after dropping almost $5k on diagnosis at the BMW dealer when the CPO warranty ran out and having them give up). If you get one, keep the warranty on it.

Aaron Z

/ Maybe a new GM small diesel pickup?????? #19  
I can see where you are coming ftom about body on frame.

I was speaking about the vw machines having up to v12 turbo diesels, three rows of seating, and towing capacity you are looking for.

/ Maybe a new GM small diesel pickup?????? #20  
I have a friend who had a X5 which had a nasty vibration at 60+MPH. Ended up being the rear diff carrier bearings (after dropping almost $5k on diagnosis at the BMW dealer when the CPO warranty ran out and having them give up). If you get one, keep the warranty on it.

Aaron Z

Couldn't that happen on any vehicle?