Picking a trailer for new JD 5083E

/ Picking a trailer for new JD 5083E #1  

bglz42

Silver Member
Tractor
2013 John Deere 5083E
I'm looking for a trailer for my 5083E with 553 loader. I will occasionally haul with a mower attached so I'm looking at 24' gooseneck minimum. What are the pros/cons of lowboy vs deck-over?

I figure the deck-over might be advantageous if I were hauling something wide like a 7' to 8' mower?

/ Picking a trailer for new JD 5083E #2  
DECK OVER, and absolutely a GN, My tractor (5083E) with the 563NSL, loaded tires and base weight of the tractor (granted im usually hauling something else) pretty much maxes out my GN, I pretty much sold my 1 ton Cummins because it was hairy stopping it in a hurry. I would reccomend a Low Profile Deckover, some manufacturer's make them some dont. Moritz does and its a full 3" lower to the ground. (not advertising them, just what i personally own.) If you start trying to get the correct tongue weight on your truck, your going to run out of deck in a hurry, Hence why I usually ended up with a very pin heavy trailer and hence why I upgraded to a bigger truck. Hope that helps!

btw, IIRC loader figures in around 1500-1700lbs, and I believe beet juice adds almost 800 (780 if you wanna be technical, 16.9-30) per rear tire. so we are easily talking 7435(per deere)base tractor plus extras, which rounds out to about 11k, Any additional attachments are extra of course. I usually happen to have a 2k counter weight with me. So I'm right at my trailer max.

/ Picking a trailer for new JD 5083E
Thanks, RedNeckRacin! That was exactly the type of info I was searching for!

/ Picking a trailer for new JD 5083E #4  
I am very interested in this topic also. Anyone have any pics of hauling around there 5083e? or 93 or 101 for that matter, they are exactly the same size if i recall.

I am leaning toward a tandem gooseneck 20 plus 5 dovetail...

/ Picking a trailer for new JD 5083E #6  
I got a 20 plus 4 dovetail gooseneck that I haul my 5085M w/ H260 loader around on. This setup is a bit heavier than a 5083E w/ 553 loader, but size is about the same I think.

It fits fine without a rear implement, but with something on the back, the bucket needs to go up on the gooseneck itself for sure.

5085h260-1.jpg

Here is just the tractor on the trailer:

my5085-13.jpg

I have hauled this combo before with no issues (sorry, no pic of it loaded on the trailer), although it is real right getting the ramps up. A 5' dovetail or another few feet of deck length would have been nice, but I'm having a hard enough time turning around in tight places as it is with my crew cab long bed truck, so I'm happy with what I got.

5085and3209.jpg

Thanks SO much for the pics! Thats what I needed to see...

/ Picking a trailer for new JD 5083E #8  
My 1 ton SRW cummins and the brand new 5083E. 563NSL, loaded wheels, and a little bit of a pucker factor! I think a dually would help immensely with the weight.

Lawn Mower.jpg

/ Picking a trailer for new JD 5083E #9  
Thanks for the pics!

/ Picking a trailer for new JD 5083E #10  
faltbed.jpg

Sorry not a deere, but it's about the same size tractor. The Gn is a 22ft plus 4ft beaver tail