2011 Tahoe vs 2011 Suburban

/ 2011 Tahoe vs 2011 Suburban #11  
I would prefer the space of the Suburban with the room behind the 3rd seat, however the 11K miles would still have the factory bumper to bumper warranty for approx. 2 years.

I had a 2002 2500 Suburban with the 2 rows of captain chairs and the 3rd seat, was a great setup for 3 kids.

/ 2011 Tahoe vs 2011 Suburban #12  
I actually think the suburban will have more sag, since the hitch is farther from the rear axle- though still not that big of an issue. I was looking for a suburban (still kinda am actually) and the wife said she would rather a tahoe and she would be the primary driver. I bought an older suburban for cheap just to convince here how nice the extra room would be, and she loves it. Now I am planning on buying a newer one eventually, though the '97 with 198k miles is still going strong so I am not in too much of a hurry. My buddy also has a yukon with around 200k. Still drives it. These both have the old 5.7 however... not sure about the 5.3 for longevity though. I would actually like to find a 2500 with the 6.0.

/ 2011 Tahoe vs 2011 Suburban #13  
What is funny is both are very similar, both have 3rd row seating, both are black on black. We are leaning towards the suburban due to the extra space behind the seats. We do not want to remove the third row seats unless absolutely necessary. According to carfax, both are one owner. I do feel the suburban will tow better, having a longer wheel base will hopefully result in less rear sag. If it does tow, it will be pulling a 3 horse featherlite aluminum horse trailer on a 10 mile run to the vet. Total weight with horse will be around 4500-5000 lbs.

Based on that I'd go with the Suburban...At 5K either would tow that load well.

/ 2011 Tahoe vs 2011 Suburban #14  
I actually think the suburban will have more sag, since the hitch is farther from the rear axle- though still not that big of an issue. I was looking for a suburban (still kinda am actually) and the wife said she would rather a tahoe and she would be the primary driver. I bought an older suburban for cheap just to convince here how nice the extra room would be, and she loves it. Now I am planning on buying a newer one eventually, though the '97 with 198k miles is still going strong so I am not in too much of a hurry. My buddy also has a yukon with around 200k. Still drives it. These both have the old 5.7 however... not sure about the 5.3 for longevity though. I would actually like to find a 2500 with the 6.0.

I had the same kinda situation. I wanted a suburban for a while and she would not consider one because she said it would be too hard to drive and park.

When I finally got her to test drive a Yukon XL she wouldn't get out of it until I 'agreed' to let her buy it.

She wont even discuss trading it now.

/ 2011 Tahoe vs 2011 Suburban #15  
Have you checked to see what a new 2012 Tahoe would cost? There are some good incentives now.

/ 2011 Tahoe vs 2011 Suburban
Have you checked to see what a new 2012 Tahoe would cost? There are some good incentives now.

We did, but they did not fit our budget. I am a little bummed, I just found out the Suburban has 3.08 gears, as I was leaning toward it. We will make a decision hopefully today.

/ 2011 Tahoe vs 2011 Suburban #17  
I would like to know where you are finding these prices, around here what you are describing would have an asking price in the high thirties- possibly 40 grand. Also, the tahoes have higher resale usually for similarly equipped vehicles. I also find that 4x4 is sort of a dying option, or at least it seems like it. Before, if you saw a suburban, you could assume it was 4x4 and you would rarely find a 4x2. Now while I am looking, they are almost all 4x2 and occasionally a 4x4.

/ 2011 Tahoe vs 2011 Suburban #18  
Both vehicles are practically the same thing. Probably made on the same assembly line by the same people The suburban is just a little longer and thus a little heavier than the tahoe. If you need the storage of the bigger one, go with that as long as the higher mileage of it doesn't affect the length of time you would like to own it.

/ 2011 Tahoe vs 2011 Suburban
mikehaugen said:
I would like to know where you are finding these prices, around here what you are describing would have an asking price in the high thirties- possibly 40 grand. Also, the tahoes have higher resale usually for similarly equipped vehicles. I also find that 4x4 is sort of a dying option, or at least it seems like it. Before, if you saw a suburban, you could assume it was 4x4 and you would rarely find a 4x2. Now while I am looking, they are almost all 4x2 and occasionally a 4x4.

I am near Baton Rouge La. Go to allstarnorth.com and look in the used inventory. They are both there. Admittedly, I was shocked at the prices, especially the suburban.

/ 2011 Tahoe vs 2011 Suburban #20  
deerefan said:
We did, but they did not fit our budget. I am a little bummed, I just found out the Suburban has 3.08 gears, as I was leaning toward it. We will make a decision hopefully today.
I would see that as a plus since you only plan on towing occasionally and never near max capacity. At least you'll get better fuel mileage when not towing. With the 3.08, it doesn't have the Heavy Duty Trailer package which includes a larger radiator, transmission cooler, 3.42 rear axle and an integrated brake controller. All nice to have but for 5-6k lbs, it's not that critical...
mikehaugen said:
Amazing what price differences there are in diffeent areas. Brand new 2012's are going for low 40's around here. Also, you won't find any 2wd trucks and suv's up here in North Country. ;-)
http://www.keyauto.com/new-inventor...clear&SBprice=clear&SBlinkedAccountId=keyauto