2011 Tahoe vs 2011 Suburban

/ 2011 Tahoe vs 2011 Suburban #41  
In my opinion its a much better overall vehicle. The XL is a great size truck for the family. The one down side to me for a tow vehicle is the independent rear suspension but since its not really your tow vehicle, just a backup it should be fine.

My sister currently drives a 2010 Expedition XL with zero problems. Hers is loaded with 20" wheels, rear entertainment, ect.

My father has had two but both were last generation. Not a single issue with any of them

Chris

And who would know better.....someone who's owned neither vehicle.....lol

/ 2011 Tahoe vs 2011 Suburban #42  

You are right Dwayne, I have not owned any. I stated that. You and Barney Fife cracked the case.

I clearly stated my sister has a current gen and my father had two past gens. I have towed loads upto 8,000# with my fathers and they did quite well. My sisters/BIL's has towed no more then 3,000# in motorcycles and quads on a 5x10 trailer along with some building materials, ect.

Thanks for taking note old buddy with more worthless jabber.

Chris

/ 2011 Tahoe vs 2011 Suburban #43  
Diamondpilot said:

Chris
This coming from you? Ha ha!
Hey kettle, your black!

/ 2011 Tahoe vs 2011 Suburban
Hay Dude said:

Really? Please refrain. Lots of good advice given here by Chris and others. If you have a problem with him, handle it outside my thread.

/ 2011 Tahoe vs 2011 Suburban
Dmace said:
This coming from you? Ha ha!
Hey kettle, your black!

See above please.

/ 2011 Tahoe vs 2011 Suburban #46  
You can put 3 complete vintage Baker windmills into the back of a Tahoe. That's good enough for me.

NOT with the third row in!!

My opinion i would buy the burban in a second, way more room, your not useing it as a main vehicle so fuel should not be a concern and the burban will tow better anyway, plus your towing.

/ 2011 Tahoe vs 2011 Suburban #47  
forget mileage yall, they both will run to 300k with maintence so even the burban will last 25 years at the 10k a year rate. For those of you who say otherwise, there are plenty with those kind of miles on them, i know plenty in my profession with well over 200k on even the new 5.3L. I know a fair amout of folks who put 30-40k a year on thier trucks some more.

/ 2011 Tahoe vs 2011 Suburban #48  
forget mileage yall, they both will run to 300k with maintence so even the burban will last 25 years at the 10k a year rate. For those of you who say otherwise, there are plenty with those kind of miles on them, i know plenty in my profession with well over 200k on even the new 5.3L. I know a fair amout of folks who put 30-40k a year on thier trucks some more.

I agree. Any gas engine and vehicle with proper maintenance will last a half a million miles if taken care of. Bigger issue is rust, wrecks, economy, ect. The trannys still seem to be a weak point today versus the engine.

Just 25 years ago you were doing good to get 100,000 miles out of one.

/ 2011 Tahoe vs 2011 Suburban #49  
You are right Dwayne, I have not owned any. I stated that. You and Barney Fife cracked the case.

I clearly stated my sister has a current gen and my father had two past gens. I have towed loads upto 8,000# with my fathers and they did quite well. My sisters/BIL's has towed no more then 3,000# in motorcycles and quads on a 5x10 trailer along with some building materials, ect.

Chris

Who's "dwayne"?
My name is Robert. lol
Maybe I should ask your sister's BIL??? lmao