Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Tractor
    Yanmar YM2000

Default Re: Aw.. its just surface rust!

u know what i mean. Im not saying that some sicko cant see you in your car and Perv you anyway, but its not that big a deal to me.
    YM2000. MF dirt scoop,4' Jbar bushhog,boompole, LMC 12-16 disk harrow, 4' Atlas boxblade (with rippers). 1980 chevy K10,1990 ford ranger 2wd (285K miles),1997 saturn SL2 (twin cam!!),2001Toyota Higlander
    1986 Cobia 177 sunskiff w/1981 Johnson 60 hp
    1991 Javalen 17ft w/same year 150 Johnson GT
    Troybuilt 4 cycle & Echo 2 stroke,cold natured(need carb rebuild),MS390 Stihl, Northern tool pressure washer, mixes water into the oil in the pump(now dead, motor on a tiller). 5000 watt generator.

Elite Member

I also see most everybody does it when posting a pick of their own rig.

I still don't quite get it but that's OK, it don't matter.

Heck, maybe I could sell some 8X10's of my license plate on the web ?
    ::Sent from a standard desktop keyboard::

My Photobucket

Tractor
    Deere 990/Montana 5740

I can see this is getting out of the post.. sorry clemsonfor I will back out of this and leave it as so.. but Willl if you want to post your personal information you have that right.. because you will be the one that suffers the consequences,, good, bad or indifference.. but if I take your information and post it,, no matter if it for the right reason and it causes you any stress,, I'am at fault.. may not be a legal matter but it is a personal matter.. I personly think Clemsonfor did the right thing by marking out the tag number.. he wasn't out for the person,, he was out to so an unsafe condition.. Lou
    "Life is good if beer is cold"

Platinum Member
    Tractor
    Kubota L45

Most people block their own plates when posting stuff because they don't want people checking out the sweet car/tractor or whatever they are posting and then tracking down the location to steal it based on a plate.

Posting a pic of a moving vehicle on a public road is no different than the news broadcasting traffic and not blurring all of the plates.

With regards to that hitch, does anyone know if state inspections would require its removal to pass a safety inspection?
    ac

Super Star Member
    Tractor
    Kubota L3830GST, B7500HST, BX2660

Quote Originally Posted by avc8130 View Post
    With regards to that hitch, does anyone know if state inspections would require its removal to pass a safety inspection?
    Mass might. Otherwise, I dont think so as long as you didn't have a ball mount installed (ie: you could say that you never use it, but it wont come loose)

Aaron Z
    A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects.
    — Robert Heinlein, Time Enough for Love

Tractor
    Yanmar YM2000

SC has no state inspections of vehicles other than the commercial vehicle inspections by DOT on the roadsides when they stop you.
    YM2000. MF dirt scoop,4' Jbar bushhog,boompole, LMC 12-16 disk harrow, 4' Atlas boxblade (with rippers). 1980 chevy K10,1990 ford ranger 2wd (285K miles),1997 saturn SL2 (twin cam!!),2001Toyota Higlander
    Troybuilt 4 cycle & Echo 2 stroke,cold natured(need carb rebuild),MS390 Stihl, Northern tool pressure washer, mixes water into the oil in the pump(now dead, motor on a tiller). 5000 watt generator.

Elite Member
    Tractor
    Zetor 3011, Zetor 5718

Surface rust... yep, untill there was no surface left
    Free scrap is a good investment !!!
    “The worst enemy of life, freedom and the common decencies is total anarchy; their second worst enemy is total efficiency” · Aldous Huxley
    1998 Volvo S70 2.5 TDI
    2007 Volvo 440 1.9 TD based dirt buggy

Tractor
    John Deere 770, Bobcat 753

Quote Originally Posted by clemsonfor View Post
    All that said i dont want to have them claim that i gave them harrasement related to public exposure of a tag and if they wrecked i dont want some sue happy lawyer to say that i neglected to inform the authorities when i saw it allowing this guy to tow a huge 29ft triaxle offshore boat that severed from the vehicle at the rotted decrepid perfectly visible degrated hitch, that resulted in the death of 12 amish children that were crushed to death when the runaway boat crushed the horse buggy that they were riding in on the way to the funeral of thier father.
    That fact that it was all one sentence and you read it it all in one "breath" makes that statement too funny.

That sad truth is that it is not outside the realm of possibilities though.
    “I've had a wonderful evening, but this wasn't it.” ~ Groucho Marx

Tractor
    Yanmar YM2000

never said i was good with puntuation, but meant for the last part to be all run on, the first part, yea it could of used a period or 2!

Silver Member
    Tractor
    John Deere 68, Honda H3011H

Quote Originally Posted by Lou66 View Post
    Now what do I know..

1. A tag number
    2. A city
    3. A state
    4. What can I do with all that?

a. I can get a name with that tag number
    b. I can get a history with that name
    c. including spouse names,
    d. children names,
    e. address,
    f. driver license number,,
    G. oh yes,, credit score,,

I know I could do it anyway,, but I don't live in Charleston,, I can do all of this from a nice office in "name a country",, Lou
    It depends on the jurisdiction whether you can get any information from a license plate unless you have inside connections with the police or DMV. I do know that folks who run their vehicles in sanctioned drag races and autocross like to cover or remove their plates in case a spy from their insurance company takes a picture and raises their premium or cancels their policy. Other than that, it seems that showing a plate in a published photo isn't illegal but many people think it is.

As for that rusted out hitch shown, it sure looks like the owner was using it to haul a light trainer because the ball isn't very big. Those hitches are built with a considerable safety factor.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast