Aw.. its just surface rust!

/ Aw.. its just surface rust!
u know what i mean. Im not saying that some sicko cant see you in your car and Perv you anyway, but its not that big a deal to me.

/ Aw.. its just surface rust! #22  
I also see most everybody does it when posting a pick of their own rig.

I still don't quite get it but that's OK, it don't matter.

Heck, maybe I could sell some 8X10's of my license plate on the web ?

/ Aw.. its just surface rust! #23  
I can see this is getting out of the post.. sorry clemsonfor I will back out of this and leave it as so.. but Willl if you want to post your personal information you have that right.. because you will be the one that suffers the consequences,, good, bad or indifference.. but if I take your information and post it,, no matter if it for the right reason and it causes you any stress,, I'am at fault.. may not be a legal matter but it is a personal matter.. I personly think Clemsonfor did the right thing by marking out the tag number.. he wasn't out for the person,, he was out to so an unsafe condition.. Lou

/ Aw.. its just surface rust! #24  
Most people block their own plates when posting stuff because they don't want people checking out the sweet car/tractor or whatever they are posting and then tracking down the location to steal it based on a plate.

Posting a pic of a moving vehicle on a public road is no different than the news broadcasting traffic and not blurring all of the plates.

With regards to that hitch, does anyone know if state inspections would require its removal to pass a safety inspection?
ac

/ Aw.. its just surface rust! #25  
With regards to that hitch, does anyone know if state inspections would require its removal to pass a safety inspection?
Mass might. Otherwise, I dont think so as long as you didn't have a ball mount installed (ie: you could say that you never use it, but it wont come loose)

Aaron Z

SC has no state inspections of vehicles other than the commercial vehicle inspections by DOT on the roadsides when they stop you.

/ Aw.. its just surface rust! #27  
Surface rust... yep, untill there was no surface left :D

/ Aw.. its just surface rust! #28  
All that said i dont want to have them claim that i gave them harrasement related to public exposure of a tag and if they wrecked i dont want some sue happy lawyer to say that i neglected to inform the authorities when i saw it allowing this guy to tow a huge 29ft triaxle offshore boat that severed from the vehicle at the rotted decrepid perfectly visible degrated hitch, that resulted in the death of 12 amish children that were crushed to death when the runaway boat crushed the horse buggy that they were riding in on the way to the funeral of thier father.

That fact that it was all one sentence and you read it it all in one "breath" makes that statement too funny.

That sad truth is that it is not outside the realm of possibilities though.

never said i was good with puntuation, but meant for the last part to be all run on, the first part, yea it could of used a period or 2!

/ Aw.. its just surface rust! #30  
Now what do I know..

1. A tag number
2. A city
3. A state
4. What can I do with all that?

a. I can get a name with that tag number
b. I can get a history with that name
c. including spouse names,
d. children names,
e. address,
f. driver license number,,
G. oh yes,, credit score,,

I know I could do it anyway,, but I don't live in Charleston,, I can do all of this from a nice office in "name a country",, Lou
It depends on the jurisdiction whether you can get any information from a license plate unless you have inside connections with the police or DMV. I do know that folks who run their vehicles in sanctioned drag races and autocross like to cover or remove their plates in case a spy from their insurance company takes a picture and raises their premium or cancels their policy. Other than that, it seems that showing a plate in a published photo isn't illegal but many people think it is.

As for that rusted out hitch shown, it sure looks like the owner was using it to haul a light trainer because the ball isn't very big. Those hitches are built with a considerable safety factor.