Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Silver Member

Default Re: Aw.. its just surface rust!

Quote Originally Posted by avc8130 View Post
    "harassment related to public exposure of a tag"

LOL. I better go blur the license plate out on my truck before I go drive it through public on the way home from work!

I think you better blur it out before driving it or parking it for other reasons, like identity theft according to Lou, and maybe even the safety of your children. The Russian or Chinese mafia might be out there right now snapping photos of people's tags as their vehicles sit quietly in their driveway. Going to have to bring a couple of mine into the garage tonight just to be on the safe side. Might not be able to sleep though because not all of them will fit in the garage. Might have to take the tags off and bring them inside to save myself, but it is a municipal code violation to have a vehicle on the property that is not tagged unless it is garaged. The inspector will probably understand my reasoning, and if not, the judge surely will. If all else fails, need to get Lifelock. What a dilemma. lol

Silver Member
    Tractor
    John Deere 68, Honda H3011H

Just a question for everybody: Can anyone other than police identify the owner from the license plate number? Here in Ontario they stopped that many decades ago. As for hiding your plate, it's illegal to have any kind of slightly tinted cover over it, although that's only enforced to harass ricers.

Tractor
    Kioti DK 40-Massey ferguson 135-Ventrac 4500 Diesel

Too many lawyers on this thread.
    Murph ------------

Tractor
    Yanmar YM2000

Quote Originally Posted by oldyellr View Post
    Just a question for everybody: Can anyone other than police identify the owner from the license plate number? Here in Ontario they stopped that many decades ago. As for hiding your plate, it's illegal to have any kind of slightly tinted cover over it, although that's only enforced to harass ricers.
    yes , but they wont do it for shits n giggles or cause you want to beat up the guy or something? If he robbed my house or shed and I saw him drive off and got the plate yes they will track down the owner of that car, not necessarily the one who stole my stuff though. THey could of stolen the car or been lent it then done the deed.
    YM2000. MF dirt scoop,4' Jbar bushhog,boompole, LMC 12-16 disk harrow, 4' Atlas boxblade (with rippers). 1980 chevy K10,1990 ford ranger 2wd (285K miles),1997 saturn SL2 (twin cam!!),2001Toyota Higlander
    1986 Cobia 177 sunskiff w/1981 Johnson 60 hp
    1991 Javalen 17ft w/same year 150 Johnson GT
    Troybuilt 4 cycle & Echo 2 stroke,cold natured(need carb rebuild),MS390 Stihl, Northern tool pressure washer, mixes water into the oil in the pump(now dead, motor on a tiller). 5000 watt generator.

Tractor
    4210 MFWD Ehydro--'89 JD 318

A bit late here in response to this thread but it amazes me that anybody with a shred of common sense would try to tow anything with a hitch in that condition. The Jeep appears to be about a 2001 model, and I wonder how the hitch got so corroded. I have a Y2K GMC that has gone thru Michigan salt seasons since it was new and the hitch only has "surface rust" and BTW I have posted a picture of my truck here with the rear plate visible and I don't give a bleep if somebody knows my plate number.
    Rather than worry about the things you want but don't have, be grateful for the things you don't want and don't have.

I didn't plan to do much of anything today, but by noon I was almost half done.

Silver Member

Yes, some people have access to some of the DMV/MVA records. When I was clerking at a personal injury law office, we had the ability to access the MVA records and run tags searches to see if a vehicle was insured and to run driver's licenses to see what a driver's record looked like. However, not every Tom, Dick, and Harry has access to the MVA records and I am pretty sure the MVA knew exactly which records we looked at since they charged us on a per record basis. Think it was something like $6 per record back then.

Tractor
    kubota L3010

Those hitches are built with a considerable safety factor.
    As I recall so was the Titanic.......

Elite Member
    Tractor
    Ford 3930

Naahhh, that'll buff right out !

Fun trailer stuff on the road..... buddy snapped a pic last summer, bottom of 400 hwy in Toronto (10 laner).

Late Friday afternoon traffic, SUV with NY plate heading north with a mesh 5' long platform in the receiver, filled with about 6 gas cans. Makes sense, our gas prices suck.

But, the old can on the end has the flat cap missing that seals the funnel.... No Worries, they used a MIL spec sandwich baggie to screw under the cap. Needless to say, it was leaking fuel. Guess the guy could afford a late model SUV and the receiver platform, but not a new gas can.

Even if I wasn't a motorcycle rider, I would have called that one in.

I'm sure the SUV driver didn't give a rat's *** about what was going on behind him...... up until somebody sitting in traffic fired a cig butt out the window......

It's not getting any better out there......

Rgds, D.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234