Aw.. its just surface rust!

/ Aw.. its just surface rust! #1  

clemsonfor

Tractor
Yanmar YM2000
Saw this last weekend while in Charleston. The pic is not great but I took it because their trailer hitch was rusted through at least on the back side on each side of the ball. Scary thing is that there was a receiver in and it looked like they might of still be TOWING with it!!

Attachments

• 1230121536a.jpg
    1230121536a.jpg
    259.7 KB · Views: 1,006
Last edited:
   / Aw.. its just surface rust! #2  
And a shiny ball hitch at that, and by the looks of things reverse is not a good gear for the SUV either.

/ Aw.. its just surface rust! #3  
Lets hope he/she doesn't make the news.

/ Aw.. its just surface rust!
looking at the rust and living in Charleston for most of my life that was a northern vehicle, they don't look like that from coastal rust. The guy driving it was a bit "urban" if you understand what im saying.

/ Aw.. its just surface rust! #5  
Word to the wise,, posting that tag number just made you liable for a lot of possibilities.. may want to pull that photo and mark that tag number out.. not my business tho.. Lou

/ Aw.. its just surface rust!
License plate.. what license plate ;). Thanks good idea.

/ Aw.. its just surface rust! #8  
I see at least one broken hitch a year. That one is pretty obvious that its a lost cause. Good thing is one can get a Curt hitch with thr best paint in the industry for about $100 delivered.

Chris

/ Aw.. its just surface rust! #9  
Nice! Common sense isnt too common anymore! We put an old toyota on the lift the other day (by the frame mind you) and the truck folded in half before the wheels even left the ground, guy DROVE IT HOME! Ridiculous!

/ Aw.. its just surface rust! #10  
Word to the wise,, posting that tag number just made you liable for a lot of possibilities.. may want to pull that photo and mark that tag number out.. not my business tho.. Lou

Lou,

Just out of curiosity, what could he be liable for? He took a picture, in a public place on a public road with his camera.

ac