Tilt deck trailer?

/ Tilt deck trailer? #1  

powerstroke444e

Veteran Member
Tractor
mostly orange
I sold a couple of my old trailers and need a 18'-24' long 14-16k equipment trailer not a deck over. I have look at several but I am torn on what to get.
I have 97 f450 dump and 2012 f350srw so I have enough truck and already have a 30' gooseneck and just want a 'smaller' trailer I can use when I need the dump bed. Usually my b26 m5400 or bobcat trackloader but if its 22+ long I could get my trencher on it at same time as b26.

I looked at pj full hydraulic tilt 22 long I liked it.
Looked at kaufman trailers but they don't power tilt?
Looked at a 4'16' partial tilt by trailerman and it had a valve that would lock it in a tilt or control the speed of drop?
Talked to owner of no-ramp trailers sounds like great trailer but real pricey.

Anyone have one of these trailers pro's cons? Anyone up grade to 17.5 tires?

I want to get away from ramps just trying to decide on power tilt or gravity?

/ Tilt deck trailer? #2  
With gravity tilt I'm not sure you would be able two load two machines on it.

/ Tilt deck trailer? #3  
The better gravity tilt trailers should have a lockout valve to lock the deck up and slowly allow it to return to level.

/ Tilt deck trailer? #4  
I have an 18' tilt 7k trailer. All gravity. No troubles so far. Sure do like not having to mess with ramps. I loaded an unloaded 8 times in two days on one occasion. Nice!

/ Tilt deck trailer? #5  
I have 4 trailers and one is an H & H tilt equipment trailer. I have power tilt up/down on it. I also have a permanently mounted winch on it. It is great for one vehicle, not so good for two separate vehicles.

Unless you have a full time helper, get a wireless remote for the tilt and the winch. I think it is too dangerous to load a vehicle, set the brake and climb off to use the switch to lower. If you are set on buying a gravity lowererd unit, disregard.

/ Tilt deck trailer? #6  
I have a DownEastern tilt trailer. I like it, a friend of mine just bought a Cam Superline tilt trailer with 4' of the front that does not tilt. That is a real nice trailer. It also has fork holders on the side, which is a nice option

/ Tilt deck trailer?
I liked the idea of the one with 4' but couldn't figure out how to make ot work with a winch?
Thanks for idea on wireless controller. I have a winch but never thought about wireless. Looks cheap compared to what they were 10 years ago.

The thing that bugs me is how far forward the axles are on all these tilts.
I like having them about 65-70% in front of the center of the axle, but I always have had 3/4ton or bigger trucks. Seems some are almost 50/50.

/ Tilt deck trailer? #8  
The thing that bugs me is how far forward the axles are on all these tilts.
I like having them about 65-70% in front of the center of the axle, but I always have had 3/4ton or bigger trucks. Seems some are almost 50/50.

You need to learn you really don't put much weight on very rear part, think of it as a ramp, it just happens to be level with your deck.

/ Tilt deck trailer? #9  
I like my Sure-Trac tilt deck, but it is all gravity and does limit you to one piece of equipment at a time. It has a fixed 4 ft front which is nice for implements and helps place the axles in the correct spot to balance the load, but you would be hard pressed to fit a very large piece of equipment up there. I know that they will custom build just about anything you want and should be able to do a power tilt in a non-deck over setup. As with most custom shops, they will build whatever you want, just bring money.

Sure Trac | Home

PICT0050.jpgPICT0008.jpg

/ Tilt deck trailer? #10  
That looks just like a Cam Superline trailer. The plate mount looks like it is going to get mangled where it is now.