Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst 123456714 ... LastLast
    Tractor
    Kioti CK20 HST

I'm trying to find a good comparison to see if anyone thinks the Ford Edge interior is really that great and so far the Jeep leads even WITHOUT the SRT upgrade.
    http://www.caranddriver.com/features/what-to-drive-for-$35000-coupe-convertible-truck-suv-fuel-sipper-and-sports-sedan-feature-car-and-driver-suvs-page-4
    Speaking of the technology.
    Derek
    Kioti CK20HST
    KL120 FEL // KB2365 BH // 60" JRW 3ph snowblower // 48" HD Boxblade
    Sims-Cab Depot heated cab
    Quote Originally Posted by DiamondPilot
    Now it's time for Ford and GM to step up

Platinum Member farmall 55a case's Avatar
    Tractor
    case ih farmall 55a

Ours is the limited we had a ford edge rental for a few weeks the jeep beats it hands down in my view of the too! The wife was wanting a edge so last vacation we rented one to drive to d c . She seem to like it OK but I already had my sights set on a jeep. So the next week we went to a dealer and I got her in one she drove it around the block came back and said she had to have the jeep! So the hunt was on for the right on and 3 months later we found it! It is fully loaded the only thing it doesn't have is the quadra lift! Wish it did but I have no use for it! Is awesome tho! Ours has the select terrain,command view,hid lights,and the list goes on and on. It even has a/c seat! Lol

Tractor
    Jinma 254/284 Ford 861 Powermaster at work

Quote Originally Posted by farmall 55a case View Post
    Ours is the limited we had a ford edge rental for a few weeks the jeep beats it hands down in my view of the too! The wife was wanting a edge so last vacation we rented one to drive to d c . She seem to like it OK but I already had my sights set on a jeep. So the next week we went to a dealer and I got her in one she drove it around the block came back and said she had to have the jeep! So the hunt was on for the right on and 3 months later we found it! It is fully loaded the only thing it doesn't have is the quadra lift! Wish it did but I have no use for it! Is awesome tho! Ours has the select terrain,command view,hid lights,and the list goes on and on. It even has a/c seat! Lol
    What model is it? What motor? And if you don't mind me asking what did it sticker for?

All we could find were stripped down or fully loaded.

Chris

Platinum Member farmall 55a case's Avatar
    Tractor
    case ih farmall 55a

Its a 2013 jeep Grand Cherokee limited 4x4 they wanted 46000 for it but got it for 35500 with no trade in and I fill it was worth it she loves! It has the 3.6 pentastar in it 6 speed auto so far it averaged about 28 mpg which I fell is good for a SUV of this size. The only one they make nicer is the overland. The srt8 is worthless in my books if I want to go fast I'll get my chevelle of trans am out. They keep trying to push the hemi on me but I didn't want it either. If I want a 5.7 I'll get a Chevy and as far as it fills on power you wouldn't know it was a v6 unless I told you! 5 star crash rating too. That was also on my list because it will be her mommy car! Lol I'm getting old! Its not for everyone but it fits our needs!

Silver Member
    Tractor
    kubota 2910

Nope....we were at 65 months of our 60 month warranty.

My dads crd has been in an out of the shop all winter. Jeep screwed up his timing belt and now wont work ob it due to all the internal damage they had to fix.
    toys....
    kubota B2910 with cab N heat
    Bobcat S205 hiflow cab heat n AC!
    Bobcat Toolcat 5600 can heat n AC!
    JCB 214S cab N heat
    a couple of trucks N'
    Lots of attachements to play with!

Tractor
    Kioti CK20 HST

Quote Originally Posted by salopez View Post
    Nope....we were at 65 months of our 60 month warranty.

My dads crd has been in an out of the shop all winter. Jeep screwed up his timing belt and now wont work ob it due to all the internal damage they had to fix.
    Sorry to hear this as it's certainly not common. Sounds like your family has no luck with diesels, either that or you don't follow the proper maintenance.
    A lot of damage can happen in 5-1/2 years no matter how many miles.
    Derek
    Kioti CK20HST
    KL120 FEL // KB2365 BH // 60" JRW 3ph snowblower // 48" HD Boxblade
    Sims-Cab Depot heated cab
    Quote Originally Posted by DiamondPilot
    Now it's time for Ford and GM to step up

Tractor
    Jinma 254/284 Ford 861 Powermaster at work

Quote Originally Posted by farmall 55a case View Post
    Its a 2013 jeep Grand Cherokee limited 4x4 they wanted 46000 for it but got it for 35500 with no trade in and I fill it was worth it she loves! It has the 3.6 pentastar in it 6 speed auto so far it averaged about 28 mpg which I fell is good for a SUV of this size. The only one they make nicer is the overland. The srt8 is worthless in my books if I want to go fast I'll get my chevelle of trans am out. They keep trying to push the hemi on me but I didn't want it either. If I want a 5.7 I'll get a Chevy and as far as it fills on power you wouldn't know it was a v6 unless I told you! 5 star crash rating too. That was also on my list because it will be her mommy car! Lol I'm getting old! Its not for everyone but it fits our needs!
    Thanks. We are still in the market but in no hurry.

Tractor
    New Holland TC40D

Default Re: 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee DIESEL

You guys are leaving out the most important parts.

All the Jeeps are Rubicon tested. Jeep's tested up there for years.

Some 2011 testing...
    http://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/...ad.php?t=93457
    http://www.autoblog.com/2010/02/02/2...-become-trail/

Quote Originally Posted by Dmace View Post
    Ford has Sync, Chrysler has uConnect.
    Ford's system is built by Microsoft so it's buggy and everyone who uses it, hates it.
    Chrysler's system is built in conjunction with Sprint and is found to be superior in nearly every aspect.
    Plus the Jeep has a 7" fully customizable TFT display in the speedo cluster. Fuel mileage display is certainly available along with many other parameters. My 03 mpg display is 0.5-1 mpg off but the 2011 Dodge Journey I drove for a while was much better (0.1-0.25 off).

As for interior design and materials, that's opinion really.
    RobertN in Shingle Springs Calif

Platinum Member
    Tractor
    Kubota MX5100

The Edge has a transverse power train. The only thing that is really comparable is the interior room.
    Kubota MX5100
    '95 Ram 2500 CTD
    Stihl MS441 ported
    Stihl MS280 ported

Silver Member
    Tractor
    kubota 2910

I would think its bad luck. There are many folks having trouble with the crd. I have 5 other diesel trucks and 7 other diesel pieces of equipment....along with them i employee a full time diesel mechanic. All the machines get the love they need
    toys....
    kubota B2910 with cab N heat
    Bobcat S205 hiflow cab heat n AC!
    Bobcat Toolcat 5600 can heat n AC!
    JCB 214S cab N heat
    a couple of trucks N'
    Lots of attachements to play with!

Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst 123456714 ... LastLast