Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 ... LastLast
    Silver Member
    Tractor
    kubota 2910

Where jeep and gm got us is....sorry that was the old pre- bankruptcy company. We dont have to honor those requirements.

It has gotten so bad with jeep that vm is allowing the us off-road distributor to sell on-road parts just to help those screwed by jeep.
    toys....
    kubota B2910 with cab N heat
    Bobcat S205 hiflow cab heat n AC!
    Bobcat Toolcat 5600 can heat n AC!
    JCB 214S cab N heat
    a couple of trucks N'
    Lots of attachements to play with!

Tractor
    Kioti CK20 HST

Quote Originally Posted by IslandTractor
    Actually I just double checked those MB links. The $4000 difference compares a gas 2wheel drive to the diesel awd. The AWD option is $2500 so the engine upgrade is only $1500 from my reading.
    Purely a numbers game since you can't get the diesel option without AWD in that model. The diesel is still technically not a $1500 option.
    Derek
    Kioti CK20HST
    KL120 FEL // KB2365 BH // 60" JRW 3ph snowblower // 48" HD Boxblade
    Sims-Cab Depot heated cab
    Quote Originally Posted by DiamondPilot
    Now it's time for Ford and GM to step up

Super Star Member IslandTractor's Avatar
    Tractor
    2007 Kioti DK40se HST, Woods BH

Default Re: 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee DIESEL

Quote Originally Posted by Dmace View Post
    Purely a numbers game since you can't get the diesel option without AWD in that model. The diesel is still technically not a $1500 option.
    Almost nobody buys the 2wd version of that truck except in Texas. Bottom line is that MB sells the diesel for $1500 over the gas equivalent model. Therefore it is a $1500 option, it just isn't offered in the rare 2wd version.

Elite Member
    Tractor
    Ford 3930

Quote Originally Posted by mjncad View Post
    Maybe that's part of the Gummint's plan to enact DOE Secretary Dr. Steven Chu's call for USA fuel prices to match Europe's. After all a less mobile population is easier to control.

Secretary of Energy Dr. Steven Chu | Department of Energy

Steven Chu's Europe gas quote haunts President Obama - Bob King - POLITICO.com
    IMO, the gubmints are actually really big on mobility. Their priority is Labour Market Mobility - AKA keeping the peasants (us, Me included) desperate enough that they will readily scramble from one end of the country to the other, just to take a low wage job.

The personal mobility that matters to Us, doesn't mean jack to our overlords. If it takes $50/day for you to get back and forth to a job where you are taking home $70/day - Well, that there's one of my favourite movie lines "Sucks to be You !".

Rgds, D.

Tractor
    Deere, several

Quote Originally Posted by case245 View Post
    i think they should offer diesel in every car and truck made
    Then who is going to pay for the engineering and certification of every vehicle?
    Who is going to pay nearly a dollar a gallon more per gallon for diesel than 87 that a direct injection gasser uses?
    Who is going to pay to service all the emissions equipment the EPA do gooders have choked the diesel with?
    I don't know if you have looked under the hood of a diesel later than a 2002 Dodge-Cummins?
    If you look at the cost of common rail injectors, glow plugs, turbos variable waste gates, diesel filters, particulate filter and urea injection . Just how do you justify a post 2007 diesel on a cost per mile basis.
    Don't know if you noticed but light vehicle diesels exist where emission regs are lower and the price of diesel is much lower than gasoline.
    Another point. Every vehicle will need an updated transmission to cope with half the rpm and twice the torque of a diesel than gasoline?
    Did you think for a moment before making such a silly non technically aware statement? That one rates up there with the wild and untrue stores held as gospel by the knee jerk anti nuclear fanatics.

Super Star Member IslandTractor's Avatar
    Tractor
    2007 Kioti DK40se HST, Woods BH

Quote Originally Posted by buickanddeere View Post

Then who is going to pay for the engineering and certification of every vehicle?
    Who is going to pay nearly a dollar a gallon more per gallon for diesel than 87 that a direct injection gasser uses?
    Who is going to pay to service all the emissions equipment the EPA do gooders have choked the diesel with?
    I don't know if you have looked under the hood of a diesel later than a 2002 Dodge-Cummins?
    If you look at the cost of common rail injectors, glow plugs, turbos variable waste gates, diesel filters, particulate filter and urea injection . Just how do you justify a post 2007 diesel on a cost per mile basis.
    Don't know if you noticed but light vehicle diesels exist where emission regs are lower and the price of diesel is much lower than gasoline.
    Another point. Every vehicle will need an updated transmission to cope with half the rpm and twice the torque of a diesel than gasoline?
    Did you think for a moment before making such a silly non technically aware statement? That one rates up there with the wild and untrue stores held as gospel by the knee jerk anti nuclear fanatics.
    Virtually all cars in Europe are available with diesel as an option. I don't think the technical barriers are real. Our lack of diesel options is primarily due to marketing decisions and the overblown fear of diesel smell and noise.

Tractor
    JD 3320 eHydro w/ 300CX Loader

Just saw this thread and thought I would report on my Jeep Overland Grand Cherokee. All the options including, leather, huge moon roof, off road package, Hemi V8, Air suspension and "radar". (absolutely love the Adaptive Cruise - "radar")

I now have 65,000 miles on mine....and its been one of the best vehicles I've owned. Bought it so I could tow heavy loads legally....and it does this job well. But it's also a superb daily driver....and rivals the bigger SUVs in every way. I think mine had a window sticker of low 40's.

I'm going to look into the diesel.....but I have no complaints on mileage out of the Hemi I have.....I get about 22 highway with mine (sometimes better) and all around driving is 18 or so. Not too shabby IMO.
    3320 eHydro, 300CX Loader & 15 + great attachments

You gotta mine allot of dirt to find a diamond.

Tractor
    Deere, several

Quote Originally Posted by IslandTractor View Post
    Virtually all cars in Europe are available with diesel as an option. I don't think the technical barriers are real. Our lack of diesel options is primarily due to marketing decisions and the overblown fear of diesel smell and noise.
    It's not a technical barrier. It's the different emissions regulations and cost of fuel between the North America and Europe.
    Of course there will be a light diesel market any place where the diesels don't have 2007 and later emissions and when diesel is at least a dollar a gallon cheaper than gasoline.
    Would have thought this all to be an obvious no brainer?

Tractor
    Kioti CK20 HST

Quote Originally Posted by foggy1111 View Post
    I'm going to look into the diesel.....but I have no complaints on mileage out of the Hemi I have.....I get about 22 highway with mine (sometimes better) and all around driving is 18 or so. Not too shabby IMO.
    Not bad at all considering the proven record of reliability, simple NA V8 design and power output. No turbos needed! ;-)
    Quote Originally Posted by buickanddeere View Post
    It's not a technical barrier. It's the different emissions regulations and cost of fuel between the North America and Europe.
    Of course there will be a light diesel market any place where the diesels don't have 2007 and later emissions and when diesel is at least a dollar a gallon cheaper than gasoline.
    Would have thought this all to be an obvious no brainer?
    All the manufacturers have already done that homework. They just need to know there's a market for it. The Chrysler CEO stated they had a light duty diesel all set for the RAM 1500 and test mules running around but weren't sure there was a market for it. Why the harsh criticism towards someone making an observation? They SHOULD have a diesel option in more vehicles and it WILL happen...
    Derek
    Kioti CK20HST
    KL120 FEL // KB2365 BH // 60" JRW 3ph snowblower // 48" HD Boxblade
    Sims-Cab Depot heated cab
    Quote Originally Posted by DiamondPilot
    Now it's time for Ford and GM to step up

Tractor
    MF GC2410

Quote Originally Posted by salopez View Post
    Where jeep and gm got us is....sorry that was the old pre- bankruptcy company. We dont have to honor those requirements.

It has gotten so bad with jeep that vm is allowing the us off-road distributor to sell on-road parts just to help those screwed by jeep.
    I dont know where you got that info-I have a 2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited and Jeep has been honoring any warranty work for me. As a matter of fact it just ran out last month and I am now on my Fidelity Platinum Warranty I purchased 6 years ago.
    2010 MF GC2410 TLB, 2006 Husqvarna YTH 2448, 2004 Honda Rincon 650, 2007 Honda Shadow Aero 750, 2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited-Hemi.

Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 ... LastLast