Trailering a John Deere sub compact 1026 what size ratchet straps do I need???

/ Trailering a John Deere sub compact 1026 what size ratchet straps do I need??? #31  
EL WOOD also has agood plan . They are easier on paint .

/ Trailering a John Deere sub compact 1026 what size ratchet straps do I need??? #32  
I use 4 ratchet straps rated at 3300 working load, 10k breaking. They came as a set of four along with four straps with eyes used to wrap the axle tie points. Even with a wear guard, as others have said you need to be careful about any potential rub spots, as the straps can't take *any*. My tractor was delivered on a long haul in a enclosed car trailer. Insufficient (imo) d-rings, poor layout, you name it! Its a good thing the hauler never needed to stop fast, because he only had one strap anchoring the back, and it had abraided through! So much bad couldhave happened, but luckily only some paint had been rubbed from the top of the hoe, as it was rubbing on the wall of the trailer- the whole rear end of the tractor had shifted to the side. Straps or chains, SAFE WORKING LOAD, attention to proper placement, and frequent checking your load.

/ Trailering a John Deere sub compact 1026 what size ratchet straps do I need???
Rockshaft I see you have a 1026. How do you like yours? I love mine, 1st tractor I have ever owned, I bought a LX277 rider 12 years ago and it was worn out and I needed something much bigger since I have prolly 3 acres to mow plus my mom's yard too. I rarely get to mow now my 14 yr old son loves my 1026 too. I just wish I owned it much sooner it would have saved a lot of backache doing a lot of my jobs.

/ Trailering a John Deere sub compact 1026 what size ratchet straps do I need??? #34  
I've had mine since early fall, and I really like it. Smaller than the last machine I had, but what I give up in capacity is offset by the compactness I think. I looked at the Kubota BX25, but pricing was the same in my area- so it was an easy decision. We have a camp outside of Cainesville, MO- though many don't have a clue where that is!

/ Trailering a John Deere sub compact 1026 what size ratchet straps do I need??? #35  
My neighbor took his L3400 to the local dealer (local being 30-35mi) with 1 2in strap over the trans. On his way back it apparently came loose and the tractor twisted on his trailer to where he couldn't even get it off safely. I saw him come in on my way out (only 1 way in/out of the area.) Stopped and talked to him on my way back in since he was still trying to figure out how to get it off, and I ended up having to take my larger tractor over to get it off his trailer by lifting a lot of the weight off and dragging it straight. He ended up damaging his fenders and messed up a drive tire some from it. He finally got the hint why I had gotten onto him about using chains and ratchet binders before.

/ Trailering a John Deere sub compact 1026 what size ratchet straps do I need???
I made this post a long time ago and I haven't even trailered my tractor since I made my post, I went out and invested in some grade 70 5/16" chain, my dad already had 3 trucker boomers and I went out and bought one, here is some pictures. I will be sure and wire the handles of the boomers down so they won't come loose while driving down the road.

Attachments

• 065.jpg
    065.jpg
    654.1 KB · Views: 311
  • 063.JPG
    063.JPG
    461.3 KB · Views: 271
  • 064.JPG
    064.JPG
    623 KB · Views: 276
   / Trailering a John Deere sub compact 1026 what size ratchet straps do I need??? #37  
Looks great!
Just so you know some states (maybe all? I have no idea) require you put a strap or chain over any implement (like a backhoe bucket or box blade). Not like it will fall off but I guess always better to be safe

I don't know if Missouri does or not but I will prolly throw a chain over the implements when I haul them. I had ratchet straps I always have so much trouble with them, you get them so tight then I have troubles getting them loose. I figured I would do it right the 1st time and buy Grade 70 chain it will never wear out and have to be replaced. I only bought the size of chain I needed I have other chain but I hate all that chain laying around on the trailer or wrapped around just to take up slack. Chain prices in my small town are really different, Orscheln's Farm and Home wanted $5.99 a foot and Tractor Supply wanted $3.79 a foot, but what was funny was the hooks to put on the end at Tractor Supply were $8.99 each and at Orschelen's was only $6.79, pays to shop around.

/ Trailering a John Deere sub compact 1026 what size ratchet straps do I need??? #39  
What is the chain hooked to on the bottom of trailer ?

The chain is hooked to the stake pockets on the side of the trailer.