What do you think of these tie downs?

/ What do you think of these tie downs? #1  

TNhobbyfarmer

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kubota L3430 Polaris Ranger 500
I recently installed 4 of these D-ring tie downs on my trailer. They are rated for 11,000 lbs. and are attached to the wood floor with two 3/8" carriage bolts. Now I am having second thoughts about them being safe attachment points for securing my 4500 lb. tractor. The 11,000 lb. rating sounds adequate, but I am worried that they could pull out of the wood or even pull out the piece of wood they are attached to.

Have any of you guys used a similar product? If so, what is your experience? If not I am interested in all opinions anyway. I have read a couple of threads on here regarding securing equipment for transporting, and that has my mind working overtime about these attachment points. I am wondering if I should just continue to us the stake pockets for chain/strap attachment points. I think the D-rings would be handy, just not sure about safety.

Attachments

• Tie Down.jpg
    Tie Down.jpg
    73.3 KB · Views: 188
   / What do you think of these tie downs? #2  
Need to weld those to the trailer or it will pull that wood right out..

/ What do you think of these tie downs? #4  
Mount the ring with a U-bolt that goes around a frame member under the wood floor and I think you'll be ok. It may take some fabrication/welding to make it work.
Bob

/ What do you think of these tie downs? #5  
Need to weld those to the trailer or it will pull that wood right out..

I 2nd that thought regardless of how much the rings are rated they are only as strong as what they are attached to. that single board won't hold much.

/ What do you think of these tie downs? #6  
We spend tens of thousands on tractors, tens of thousands on a tow vehicle and several thousands on a trailer. The attachment points and chains are not the place to save money. The wood is held in place by a couple of metal screws. Use the stake pockets, get the slide in attachments for the stake pockets, or get attachment points welded or bolted in properly. Do not use cheap straps or chains, buy good quality chains and boomers. You will only have to buy them once if you buy quality products. I have a variety of chains and straps for hauling tractors and cargo and would not mind spending more if I need the right product for the job.

/ What do you think of these tie downs? #7  
Unfortunately I don't think D.O.T would approve of them mounted to the wood deck. the double drop trailer I'm pulling now has plenty D-ring welded to the sides.See if you can weld them to the sides of the angle iron so they are accessible when flipped up. just my .02

/ What do you think of these tie downs? #9  
Get those rings in some steel. Into the wood is worthless

Chris