235/80-17 tires

/ 235/80-17 tires #1  

foreman Etexas

Elite Member
Tractor
Kubota (2010)M7040,(2012)M7040,New Holland(2004)TL100
So its time for tires for the dually,got 21,000 out of the factory Generals,my question what should I go with now. I haul a lot,around the farm and on the highway,and really don't won't to go with anything to aggressive that throw rocks and mess with the ride.

/ 235/80-17 tires
Firestone Transforce AT's?

/ 235/80-17 tires #3  
Never run all terrains or ht tread much,always run mud terrains. Most of the people here at home are having good luck with the toyo at,I live in farm country,every one here runs more gravel miles than highway if they farm or have cattle. The michelins are also something I here alot of good out of. I run the toyo mt,in a load range E. There on a 08 half ton silverado crew with a 12000 pd warn winch and brushguard, with a full load of tools in the back. Not as heavy as your dually,but it see gravel daily when I am home. I have logged about 20000 miles on them, with no signs of wear. I feel like the at tire would be a lot better. We never had much luck with firestones on the gravel,seemed like thay came apart to quick. But I have never tried the transforce at either. I do know the at toyo rides good. LUTT

/ 235/80-17 tires
Thanks LUTT

/ 235/80-17 tires #5  
Your welcome. I have a farmer friend that has a 1 ton crew cab chevy dually,dmax, and cm bed loaded with tools that wont run anything but Bfg mud ta's, the local electric coop boys run them on all there trucks,from 1/2 tons to bucket trucks,all 4 wd. I know you dont want a mud tire, but there all terrain in pretty awesome for wear,rides good also, I do know this for a fact. LUTT

/ 235/80-17 tires #6  
On my 2008 Dually I run nitto terra grapplers. Between my last three diesel trucks they have been great the last set on the Dually had 50000 miles on them and second set has 43000 on them doing fine. Haul heavy most of time from boats, cattle, RV, and flatbed no trouble.