Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Tractor
    Kioti CK20 HST

I like that as it allows options like the volume control of the hazard and turn signals like on our 2012 Mazda 3. Also, if I'm on the phone through the stereo system via Bluetooth, it will not make any sounds that would disrupt my call.
    Derek
    Kioti CK20HST
    KL120 FEL // KB2365 BH // 60" JRW 3ph snowblower // 48" HD Boxblade
    Sims-Cab Depot heated cab
    Quote Originally Posted by DiamondPilot
    Now it's time for Ford and GM to step up

Tractor
    Kubota BX2350

Default Re: What I bought my daughter

Yeah, I was suprised it came through the speakers, but I guess its not a bad idea, until they stop working.

I heard the long drawn out story of why the car had so many miles on it, but it came down to a lady the traveled alot for her job owned it.
    Dave,
    BX2350

Tractor
    New Holland TC40D

My parents got an Impala when I was a kid. It was a year old when they got it. Ran great!

It was a '63 SS327-4spd though Good running car though
    RobertN in Shingle Springs Calif

Elite Member
    Tractor
    Ford 3930

Quote Originally Posted by timswi View Post
    I've been out of the car audio hobby for a while but I'm told that many of the vehicle sound effects come through the audio systems now...
    Including some of the "sports" cars that "reinforce" the engine/exhaust sound thru the speakers.... pretty lame, IMO.

Dodge Man - good choice, that should be a safe car for your daughter to drive - good sized, but still decent on fuel. Seen that drivetrain rack up major miles.

Rgds, D.

Tractor
    Kioti CK20 HST

Quote Originally Posted by 3930dave View Post
    Including some of the "sports" cars that "reinforce" the engine/exhaust sound thru the speakers.... pretty lame, IMO.
    Now who would do that, certainly not a great company like BMW... : laughing:
    http://jalopnik.com/5843332/new-bmw-...-your-pleasure
    Derek
    Kioti CK20HST
    KL120 FEL // KB2365 BH // 60" JRW 3ph snowblower // 48" HD Boxblade
    Sims-Cab Depot heated cab
    Quote Originally Posted by DiamondPilot
    Now it's time for Ford and GM to step up

Gold Member
    Tractor
    Kubota B1750HST

Bought our daughter an '06 Impala to drive to college. It was a lease car with 70K miles. She loves it. I drive an '08 Impala LT with the same door lock problem - left rear door. I rarely use that door, but need to get it fixed.

Tractor
    Kubota ZG 22, John Deere 4200 4wd/ 420 loader, 4 wd,08 polaris 700 ranger crew

Quote Originally Posted by dodge man View Post
    I've posted a couple of times on vehicles I was thinking about buying my daughter. She is 15 and it will be her first car. We at first were looking at Linclon LS's, and then a Jeep Grand Cherokee. We ended up with a Chevy Impala LT, a 2008, a 3.5 V6, 95,000 miles. Its red, has some kind of package that includes leather, sun roof, and a rear spoiler. It has decent tires, and the leather seat on the drivers side shows just very slight wear, and the inside is almost perfect. The outside has a few chips, but no dents or dings.

The bad part. The front speakers were out, which I knew before we bought it, and the rear door lock in back was out, which I didn't know. I bought it as is. I would have let the door lock slide, but the manual button is at the back of the door, so you can't reach it from the front seat. The door lock actuator cost $200 and it took me 2 hours to put it, but it seemed like 8 hours. It was a nightmare to install, but I probably saved $200 doing it myself.

The front speakers is where all the sound for turn signal clickers come from and all the door chimes, so I replaced those for $50.

All and all I'm hoping its a good car for her. We've had it about 2 weeks, and it appears it will get about 20 to 22 mpg the places she will drive.
    Congrats for your daughter, I am sure she is excited. I am friends with all of the personal at the local Chevy dealership. Small town where I trade, known most of them my whole life. They all like the Impala cars. Been a good car for Gm. I think you guys done all right. The door actuator is weak on the 08 trucks also. My first one went out before the 36000 mile warrenty was up in my current siverado. I have one out right now, when I get time I need to replace,they are a pain. Are the Impalas like the truck where the window regulator and door lock actuator are one unit? You are going thru something I will before long. I think we are going to give our oldest daughter our Colbalt, I have mixed feelings about that,there is not much around those cars. That is one thing about the Impala,full size car. I may wind up getting here a truck. I hope your daughter enjoys here car as much as you probly enjoyed getting it for her. LUTT

Tractor
    Kubota BX2350

On the Impala, the window regulator is seperate. The widow track does get in the way. Anybody thinking about fixing them its really not that tough of a job, just very akward. I spent almost an hour just getting the new door lock moved about 12 inches from the hole in the bottom of the door to the back of the door where it sits, then getting the outside door handle rod hooked up. Its just really hard to see what you are doing. I'm sure if I have to do another, it would go quicker.
    Dave,
    BX2350

Tractor
    Kubota ZG 22, John Deere 4200 4wd/ 420 loader, 4 wd,08 polaris 700 ranger crew

Thanks,I was just curious about it.LUTT

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12