Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Tractor
    Kioti CK20 HST

Quote Originally Posted by Lt CHEG
    At this point I'm really leaning towards the new DMax.
    Do it so we can drool over our keyboards when you post pics! :-D
    Derek
    Kioti CK20HST
    KL120 FEL // KB2365 BH // 60" JRW 3ph snowblower // 48" HD Boxblade
    Sims-Cab Depot heated cab
    Quote Originally Posted by DiamondPilot
    Now it's time for Ford and GM to step up

Tractor
    Kubota BX2350

Default Re: Thinking I might be buying a Duramax soon

Just my opinion here, but pass on the Ziebart and spend the money at the car wash instead.
    Dave,
    BX2350

Tractor
    Kubota BX23 & RTV1100

Quote Originally Posted by dodge man View Post
    Just my opinion here, but pass on the Ziebart and spend the money at the car wash instead.
    I would too..That crap causes more trouble than it solves...A good undercarage carwash blast every once in a while is better.

I used to use a drain oil/kero mix and spray the underneath down when trucks would rust more so than they do now...haven't done that in years thankfully
    BX23TLB & RTV1100 with 72" Power Angle Plow

Tractor
    none

Quote Originally Posted by Diamondpilot View Post
    I agree. I have seen too many GM trucks with plow sag. Meyer's and others do make kits but the GM front end just ain't up to the task. Not to mention the 8,800# or 9,200# gcwr is pretty low on the 3/4 tons. Truck weighs 7,500# & add a 600# plow and you you are pushing the legal limits with two guys in the truck and nothing in the bed. Not to mention you are probably exceeding the front axle limits.

Chris
    I'm a fan of solid front axles myself (love em when off-roading in my JK), but their is a HUGE difference in the GM's HD independent front suspension after going to the "box frame" a couple of yrs back. With the addition of the box frame, the upper and lower control arms are much beefier and the ball joints on the HD's have zerks. The torsion bars are a larger diameter also. We had to add new hoists for lifting the LCA's and front hubs, and larger sets of torque guns just for the assembly of the new HD's. I think the HD Chevy/ GMC would handle a plow with no sag issues. I see em for sale here in Ft Wayne with Boss plows already on them. Here's a good article from Motor Trend in 2011 where we got the "Truck of the Year" award with the HD. This was the year of the new frame and heavier suspension upgrades. http://www.motortrend.com/oftheyear/...d/viewall.html
    Last edited by Topkicker; 02-03-2013 at 12:10 AM.
    "Our houses are protected by the good Lord and a gun. You might meet em both if you show up here not welcome, son."- Josh Thompson.

Tractor
    2013 Kubota Grand L3940 Cab

I love my 2012 cc 4x4 duramax. Gets 20 MPGs on the highway and 16.5 in town. Pulls like a train and rides great. Best truck I've owned in a long time. Btw I traded my 2011 dodge cummins for it. Been a big cummins fan until their DPF system absolutely ruined it. Pulling the same trailer, the duramax flat out pulls it, hands down. My duramax gets better fuel mileage loaded as the dodge did empty. Lol. But as impressive is the engine brake and Allison tranny. I'd jump on the deal personally.

Tractor
    Kubota ZG 22, John Deere 4200 4wd/ 420 loader, 4 wd,08 polaris 700 ranger crew

Quote Originally Posted by rusty0007 View Post
    I love my 2012 cc 4x4 duramax. Gets 20 MPGs on the highway and 16.5 in town. Pulls like a train and rides great. Best truck I've owned in a long time. Btw I traded my 2011 dodge cummins for it. Been a big cummins fan until their DPF system absolutely ruined it. Pulling the same trailer, the duramax flat out pulls it, hands down. My duramax gets better fuel mileage loaded as the dodge did empty. Lol. But as impressive is the engine brake and Allison tranny. I'd jump on the deal personally.

Tractor
    Kubota ZG 22, John Deere 4200 4wd/ 420 loader, 4 wd,08 polaris 700 ranger crew

If I were in the position to trade for a new Dmax,I would. The new suspension and frame are plenty robust. Diesels are still selling good in my part of the woods,Ford,Dodge,or GM,just a brand loyality thing.I know when its time to trade, I am going back to a Dmax.THe only thing I will do different is get a 1 ton instead of 3/4. I have only 80000 miles on my current silverado,so I have a ways to go. Hopefully the new body style will be in the 1 tons by the time I am ready. LUTT

Tractor
    Jinma 254/284 Ford 861 Powermaster at work

Quote Originally Posted by Topkicker View Post

I'm a fan of solid front axles myself (love em when off-roading in my JK), but their is a HUGE difference in the GM's HD independent front suspension after going to the "box frame" a couple of yrs back. With the addition of the box frame, the upper and lower control arms are much beefier and the ball joints on the HD's have zerks. The torsion bars are a larger diameter also. We had to add new hoists for lifting the LCA's and front hubs, and larger sets of torque guns just for the assembly of the new HD's. I think the HD Chevy/ GMC would handle a plow with no sag issues. I see em for sale here in Ft Wayne with Boss plows already on them. Here's a good article from Motor Trend in 2011 where we got the "Truck of the Year" award with the HD. This was the year of the new frame and heavier suspension upgrades. http://www.motortrend.com/oftheyear/...d/viewall.html
    I am sure you are right. My GM dealer has two 2500 trucks sitting on the edge of the lot with Boss plows also. I have no experience with post 2008 GM products for personal reasons.

Chris

Platinum Member
    Tractor
    Kubota L4400

Diesels still sell around here.. gassers are starting to gain popularity though. With the new diesels being over priced, over complicated, and maintenance costs getting astronomical, many private individuals and companies alike are realizing there is absolutely no advantage to the diesel anymore.
    Kubota L4400 GST

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    KIOTI DK50 HST

I agree with the others on the rustproofing DO NOT do it. We live in the rust belt and the only thing that actually works is oiling with sheetmetal. CJ
    Kioti DK50HST Cab
    401 FEL
    Saws, 338xp,346xp mod,372xp mod, 390xp, Stihl combi 130 trimmer.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast