Duramax vs. Powerstroke

/ Duramax vs. Powerstroke #61  
crbr said:
LLY is reliable but more of a spin-off from the LB7.
True comparing the early LLY engines (2004-early 2006) but the 06.5 LLY was MUCH closer to the LBZ than the old LB7.

/ Duramax vs. Powerstroke #62  
One thing to consider about the 6.0, it has a bad reputation which in turn really drove the price down. I've had mine for about 6 years now and no engine or transmission trouble. 165,000 I
would and still kicking strong. If I was looking for. aa diesel truck

/ Duramax vs. Powerstroke #63  
I have been told they are one of the best truck engines for cold starts(-10 to -35 Celsius) not being plugged in.

Had a LB7, now LBZ, never pluged on of them! My LB7 did start, unpluged at -38c !!! ( it sound like a 50' tractor for a while, but started)
Nevrr had to try my lbz in that cold, but just put new batteries in and -25 c no issue at all, not pluged.

I do love my lbz, lot more power than my lb7 and 1 extra speed on the tranny.

/ Duramax vs. Powerstroke #64  
Thread pruned. Too many involved to PM all of you. Take the high road fellas. ;)

Back to the discussion.

/ Duramax vs. Powerstroke #65  
PMA said:
And plus they didn't receive any stimulus money from our current regime.
Yes they did AND they haven't even tried to pay it back in a timely manner regardless of record profits...
ForumRunner_20130207_090156.png

/ Duramax vs. Powerstroke #66  
No comparison here. After a couple 6L tear downs and a 6.4L powerstroke tear down coming and our duramax being completely reliable with no repairs, I'd buy duramax all the way. Better torque down low, too.

/ Duramax vs. Powerstroke #67  
Thread pruned. Too many involved to PM all of you. Take the high road fellas. ;)

Back to the discussion.

take the road less traveled eh? :) ;)

/ Duramax vs. Powerstroke
No comparison here. After a couple 6L tear downs and a 6.4L powerstroke tear down coming and our duramax being completely reliable with no repairs, I'd buy duramax all the way. Better torque down low, too.

My first duramax was my best truck. It went almost 300,000 miles. Plowed snow, pulled trailers, etc. Never needed anything rebuilt other than small stuff. Yes, injectors were replaced under warranty, but no problems afterwards. The second duramax is acyually better, but will have to go a lot more miles without problems to equal my first one.
Never seen such a smooth, quiet, poweful engine.

What year is your Duramax's?