Good truck experiences.

/ Good truck experiences.
I also wanted to add the most indestructible truck i ever had was a 71 dodge power wagon. I always thought it was funny to name a truck a power wagon sounds like an SUV name to me. Anyway it was a rust bucket but with a 318 3 speed manual it was like I said indestructible. The only thing I had to do to it was put a clutch in it when I bought it. The clutch was easy to replace because the transfer case was not attached to the transmission. There was a little driveshaft between the trams and the transfer case so all you had to do was unhook the shaft and then it was like changing the clutch in a 2wd. I abused this truck to no end because I bought it for $400.00. I was pulling vines out of a weeping willow and had the rear end of the truck so far off the ground the front bumper was touching the ground. After a few ramming speed pulls I just held the throttle down it was bouncing the front end and digging. Finally the vines let go and came out. I loved driving it through creeks over rocks and stuff like I said I abused this truck to no end and it never did quit on me. The only reason I sold it was I moved and didn't have anywhere for it at the time. Sold it of $600.00 too.

/ Good truck experiences. #22  
These guys were hauling wood 25 miles from my place alst winter with this beauty

Attachments

• IMG_2259.JPG
    IMG_2259.JPG
    487.9 KB · Views: 217
   / Good truck experiences. #23  
'65 Ford F100.

Friend of the family worked in a wrecking yard for a bit. He got it there. Beat up, but ran like a top. 292 with three on the tree. AM radio. Bench seat had been yanked, and leather seats from a wrecked Lincoln put in. Filled the cab; no "adjusting" them.

That truck ran great! it got good mileage(we got it about 1980). Speedometer had rolled over a few times; obvious by outside condition of the truck. You could use the oil pressure gauge like a tach; at idle, it was 0. Rev it up, and you'd see the pressure come up. Used oil, but did not smoke nor leak. Kept a gallon jug of cheap recycle 30w behind the seat...

I scrapped drywall for a small company for a year, frequently packing the bed with sideboards, cab high. Used to pick up tape mud and sheetrock when extra was needed.

Also took girlfriends to lake, slid corner sideways, jumped it 10' in the air at construction site a few times. Broke rear diff once hot rodding.

Transmission finally broke input shaft, I think from 500,000 miles, overloading, and hot rodding. Dad gave it to another friend that popped a used tranny in it, and continued to use it as a ranch truck.

My '01 Ram has been a great truck; none of the tranny problems I always hear about here. Hitting 165k now. The '89 F250 before that was a good truck. Growing up, Dad's 76 Chevy 1500 4x4 was ok(350 sucked the gas down though).

Every time someone brings up good trucks, my first thought is the free, beat up, old Ford.

/ Good truck experiences. #24  
Had alot of trucks over the years, this one is probably my favorite to date..

2006 Ram 1500 Mega Cab 4x4

RaminPines.jpg

/ Good truck experiences. #25  
I've had four or five trucks over the years. The best is my current 2004 Silverado 2500HD with an 8.1 liter V8 gas motor and an Allison 6 speed tranny. It is four wheel drive. It rides great and pulls anything I need to pull. It has about 107k on it. Sure that 8.1 rattles like a diesel when I start it and it consumes some oil, BUT it is a 496 Ci engine! It gets up and goes when I need it to! I'd rather ride in it than my wife's Lincoln.

/ Good truck experiences. #26  
I've had four or five trucks over the years. The best is my current 2004 Silverado 2500HD with an 8.1 liter V8 gas motor and an Allison 6 speed tranny. It is four wheel drive. It rides great and pulls anything I need to pull. It has about 107k on it. Sure that 8.1 rattles like a diesel when I start it and it consumes some oil, BUT it is a 496 Ci engine! It gets up and goes when I need it to! I'd rather ride in it than my wife's Lincoln.

You sure its a 6 speed? I thought till 06 thet either had a 4 speed or a optional 5 speed Allison. My 05 had a 5 speed Allison.

Chris

/ Good truck experiences. #27  
My current 2001 Ford Ranger, 4.0L engine, 2 wd, and automatic transmission, is about 100 miles short of 95,000 but I had the oil & filter changed anyway day before yesterday. And I may spend more than necessary on routine maintenance, but I had the differential and the power steering serviced, too, this time (changed fluids). Every 30k miles I have the automatic transmission and coolant serviced. At the last service, 90k miles, I new front brake pads, wheel bearings repacked, rear brakes cleaned and adjusted. That was its first brake service, except that I had the brake fluid flushed and replaced at 60k. I know there's some who say you should do that and others who say it's a waste of money. Anyway, I asked for that service; the dealer didn't ask me to do it.

But since the little truck has all the bells & whistles I want or need, I have no intention of replacing it in the foreseeable future.

/ Good truck experiences. #28  
You sure its a 6 speed? I thought till 06 thet either had a 4 speed or a optional 5 speed Allison. My 05 had a 5 speed Allison.

Chris

I bet it was a 5 sp also,my 05 dmax had a 5sp,my friends 06 with a 8.1 had a 5 spd also. I was think the 6 spd come in with the body style change in 07,could be wrong theough. LUTT

/ Good truck experiences. #29  
My best truck so far is my 08 c/c Z71 silverado. It has been a good truck,80000 miles and a few issues under warrenty, but far as the truck goes, it just fits good. Ive leveled it with rancho replacement struts,run heavy duty firestone airbags on the rear. It hasnt been babied,run it pretty hard in the summer,checking irrigation pumps,on the gravel,farm roads, and a lot of mud.Start it in the morning when its hot,dont shut it off all day,gotta keep that cab cool! LUTT

/ Good truck experiences. #30  
I was always a Ford guy until I bought a 94 Dodge 2500 CTD, with 160,000 miles on it. It had been worked, but was a 7 out of 10, and I had always wanted a diesel. It, by far, has been the most reliable, enjoyable, and endearing truck that I've ever owned. It is strong, gets respectable fuel mileage, is simple to work on, and I love the sound and smell of a diesel. I have 212,000 miles on it now, and would drive it cross country tomorrow with no concerns.