Good truck experiences.

/ Good truck experiences. #81  
Not setting your standards very high are you?
I had an '05 Titan for a company vehicle at my last job. Plan on replacing rear bearings/seals every 50k or so. Front hubs at 90k. Steel power steering lines tend to go around then too, kind of a PITA to get at them to replace. Was an OK truck otherwise, but nothing I'd get again. Sucked off road. Parts were pricey. Strong engine, gas mileage wasn't bad (16 mpg).

One unsceduled repair I can live with. If it becomes habbit i will dump it.

As for off road this is by far the best I have had and I have had them all. 1 Toyota, 2 GM's, a Dodge, and about a dozen Fords. The Titan is hands down the best. Mine has Detroit Lockers, Dana 44's, and a 2" factory lift with 33's.

Chris

/ Good truck experiences. #82  
As for off road this is by far the best I have had and I have had them all. 1 Toyota, 2 GM's, a Dodge, and about a dozen Fords. The Titan is hands down the best. Mine has Detroit Lockers, Dana 44's, and a 2" factory lift with 33's.

Maybe they changed something between '05 & '08. I don't know much about the powertrain....like I said it was a company vehicle, I got it with 40-odd K on it. It never felt particularly sure-footed off road, in snow the traction control would suck you right into a ditch before you knew what happened. It got so I'd use my own truck or Jeep on certain job sites 'cause I knew they'd get me there .