Thieves love those trailer hitches!

/ Thieves love those trailer hitches! #101  
well in virginia it is illegal to drive without shoes on and it's illegal to leave your tailgate down while driving. my wife hates shoes she doesnot wear them unless she is forced to, she went thru traffic check and her cousion witch happened to be the tropper who checked her told her to put her da**** shoes on before she pulled out. i had told her it was aganist the law. i have never seen anybody that hates to wear shoes as bad as her.

/ Thieves love those trailer hitches! #102  
I don't think even ONE of us "wants to damage" anyone's vehicle... we just don't need to share in the damage to make us or the other guy feel better. My mount and ball will stay put and I'll have a very clear conscience.

Especially a deliberate attempt to damage someone else's property.

Bird said:
And in this case, it's not to protect the stupid guy who leaves the hitch in,

I know BigBoyinMS, and some others, want their hitch to seriously damage anyone's vehicle that rear ends them,

Bird,
My comment above and 3 excerpts from your post below it.

Your first quote is directly about my post and just the opposite of what I said so therefore a lie by you.
Your second quote is name calling. Pretty childish.
Your third quote is again a lie.
I USED TO have a little respect for your opinion on here, Bird, but after those three ignorant comments above I would hope no one takes you seriously again. I know I won't.
I'll just write if off to your advanced age, forget about it and ignore you from here on out. Hopefully you will do the same.

But just to clarify, since it seems your intent is to change my words...
my intent is to save MY property, that I spend MY money on, from damage... not to cause damage.

/ Thieves love those trailer hitches! #103  
Bird,
My comment above and 3 excerpts from your post below it.

Your first quote is directly about my post and just the opposite of what I said so therefore a lie by you.
Your second quote is name calling. Pretty childish.
Your third quote is again a lie.
I USED TO have a little respect for your opinion on here, Bird, but after those three ignorant comments above I would hope no one takes you seriously again. I know I won't.
I'll just write if off to your advanced age, forget about it and ignore you from here on out. Hopefully you will do the same.

But just to clarify, since it seems your intent is to change my words...
my intent is to save MY property, that I spend MY money on, from damage... not to cause damage.

Picking a fight with a moderator is not a good idea...Besides, Bird is probably the most rational human being on the planet...Lighten up.

/ Thieves love those trailer hitches! #104  
Should I remove my goose neck ball also? It's welded in, just in case Bo or Luke ramps the General onto my truck! :)
I

/ Thieves love those trailer hitches! #105  
How did you get back the hitch?

As for wearing shoes it also illegal in Indiana to drive without them also.

Chris

/ Thieves love those trailer hitches! #106  
well in virginia it is illegal to drive without shoes on and it's illegal to leave your tailgate down while driving. my wife hates shoes she doesnot wear them unless she is forced to, she went thru traffic check and her cousion witch happened to be the tropper who checked her told her to put her da**** shoes on before she pulled out. i had told her it was aganist the law. i have never seen anybody that hates to wear shoes as bad as her.

Ok, I have to ask... How can it be illegal to drive with your tailgate down? How could you haul lumber, atv's, or anything else that might be longer than the bed length?

/ Thieves love those trailer hitches! #107  
Lots of people cite laws but don't refer to the source, so I try to find them. Sometimes I do, but often not. Maybe they are somewhere else and I'm looking in the wrong place.

Can't find a driving without shoes or a tailgate law here:

LIS > Code of Virginia

This site says barefoot driving is legal in VA:
Driving Barefoot

/ Thieves love those trailer hitches! #108  
That's not a karmic moral issue UNLESS the driver witht he tounge in DESIRES to do damage to the person behind him.

karma deals with intent, not result.

If I walk up to you and try to slap you and miss.. I still gain negative karma... because my intent was to cause you harm.

If I walk by you, trip and slap you accidentally, I gain no negative karma for the action, as my intent was not to do you harm, even though the result was that I may have harmed you.

Just calling the issue is I see it from a moral standpoint. If there's a valid reason for the touge to be there, and the driver is not leaving it there specifically to cause a problem.. I can't see it as a negative moral issue.

if you are going with the 'do no harm' tenet.. then you would be required to drive some sort of vehicle made of a material like foam that will not damage a vehicle running into you, and would also not damage the vehicle in front of it when it is pushed into it.

(of course one hopes all 3 vehicles are made of this foam ) or the drives may be in trouble depending on who is hitting who :)

Well, I do see a moral problem, and as for your ps. tain't always so. In 1964, I was driving a 1964 Dodge Dart convertible on a major residential street in Irving, TX, when a van in front of me stopped to wait for oncoming traffic to clear so he could turn left into an apartment parking lot. I stopped plenty far enough behind him, but then a 17 year old kid driving a big Pontiac rearended me. He was going fast enough and hit me hard enough to break the back of the driver's seat so it fell back flat and the impact also knocked me into the van. Fortunately, he wasn't one of those who want to damage an innocent motorist's vehicle. But it broke every exterior light on my car; headlights, taillights, park lights, etc. and very badly damaged both ends of my car. BUT, it was driveable. I was able to drive home without calling a wrecker, getting a ride home, etc. And I drove it to the dealer the next morning for repairs.

/ Thieves love those trailer hitches! #109  
That's not a karmic moral issue UNLESS the driver witht he tounge in DESIRES to do damage to the person behind him.

karma deals with intent, not result.

If I walk up to you and try to slap you and miss.. I still gain negative karma... because my intent was to cause you harm.

If I walk by you, trip and slap you accidentally, I gain no negative karma for the action, as my intent was not to do you harm, even though the result was that I may have harmed you.
Not to hijack this thread, (he says while hijacking the thread) but lets say that you are caused harm by my being irresponsible, my intention isn't to cause harm but.

/ Thieves love those trailer hitches! #110  
whew ,mine are all bolted in ,have not lost one yet.i bet it will take at least 5 minutes to take one of mine out. my truck hitches are used on the farm daily that means setting out hay bales with the bale buggy,pulling the bumper trailer when its muddy,pulling the tractor off ,pulling the truck out when its stuck even use it as a anvil sometimes this can go on and on.. i ain't got time to take it off.that would be like having to take your tractors hitch off before going down the road.since leaving my hitches in ,is legal in Alabama, i can not see how i am stupid.i think mr byrd is full of it.