Thieves love those trailer hitches!

/ Thieves love those trailer hitches! #141  
Maybe when kids go thru drivers education they should instruct them to follow at a safe distance when the person in front of you has a trailer hitch?

/ Thieves love those trailer hitches! #142  
:smiley_aafz:

What I see here are certain people who want to control what other people do! I've seen people called "stupid" & "lazy" just because ones opinion/way of doing things don't agree!

As I stated in my previous post, I used to bolt in my hitch drawbar (when I was towing more) and would do the same now under similar circumstances. To me, it makes very little sense to remove the drawbar if I'm going to be using it again in a day or two! I grew up & live in an area where many pickups are used for towing & most have drawbars in the receivers. As for "shin knocking", if you're that close to somebody else's vehicle, you're too close anyway! As for damaging a vehicle in an accident, in most cases, the rear-ending vehicle is going to have damage anyway!

This is supposed to be a friendly site! It's time to quit bickering & get back to the original poster's comment, theft of the hitch. :thumbsdown:

:soapbox:

Signed; just one of those "stupid/lazy" (or, at least have been) hitchers!
"Very little" opens it up to cost vs benefit. No change = no cost to you ... maybe, but max threat to happenstance. Change = cost of a few seconds, but no threat to happenstance.

/ Thieves love those trailer hitches! #143  
   / Thieves love those trailer hitches! #144  
So true.
People mistakenly think driving is a right.
It's a privilege.
You must earn and keep it all on your own.
Thats why you must focus on the task at hand.
Leave early, don't rush, expect others to make mistakes and don't cop an attitude when they do.(It never helps)

/ Thieves love those trailer hitches! #145  
If I put one of these on my hitch ball, can I leave the drawbar in? animated-hitch-critter-7.jpg

/ Thieves love those trailer hitches! #146  
i have 2 sets of drop hitches. one 2" and one 2-5/16". Whichever one is on the truck is locked.

Ive never had one stolen, but i have friends that have. Master lock makes a real nice lock system. cheap and easy.

My 5th wheel drop in hitch does not have a lock. its the type that you flip over and sits flush in the bed. guess theres not enough steel to make that worth taking.

/ Thieves love those trailer hitches! #147  
I'm just gonna throw mine away and give up towing altogether. ;-)

/ Thieves love those trailer hitches! #148  
"Very little" opens it up to cost vs benefit. No change = no cost to you ... maybe, but max threat to happenstance. Change = cost of a few seconds, but no threat to happenstance.

More bickering! There are much more serious things to worry about on the road these days!!!!

I'll do things my way, you do them yours! ~~ grnspot

/ Thieves love those trailer hitches! #149  
I'm just gonna throw mine away and give up towing altogether. ;-)

Sounds like that's what some people want! :(

I have three trailers (used to have four), there are times when I use them all in the same week. Guess I need to unbolt the receiver from the frame in case somebody might drive under me. Even if I'm not going to be out of my own driveway! :confused3: ~~ grnspot

/ Thieves love those trailer hitches! #150  
I've got a skull face on my hitch when not in use, the eye's light up when braking.