Thieves love those trailer hitches!

/ Thieves love those trailer hitches! #151  
i guess we should all have to convert to GN or 5th wheel to prevent the massave imoral wanton dmage to all the people that run into the back of others. ;)

Sounds like that's what some people want! :(

I have three trailers (used to have four), there are times when I use them all in the same week. Guess I need to unbolt the receiver from the frame in case somebody might drive under me. Even if I'm not going to be out of my own driveway! :confused3: ~~ grnspot

/ Thieves love those trailer hitches! #152  
Sounds like that's what some people want! :(

I have three trailers (used to have four), there are times when I use them all in the same week. Guess I need to unbolt the receiver from the frame in case somebody might drive under me. Even if I'm not going to be out of my own driveway! :confused3: ~~ grnspot
Exaggeration. No one has even implied this.
larry

/ Thieves love those trailer hitches! #153  
Exaggeration. No one has even implied this.
larry

No not exaggeration, sarcasm!

Find something more important to worry about! I'll not fuss with you or anybody else about this, which is what this thread has become! End of story! ~~ grnspot

/ Thieves love those trailer hitches! #154  
I've got a skull face on my hitch when not in use, the eye's light up when braking.

Hey now, that could scare somebody and they'd lose control and crash into you. Maybe you need a red warning flag, to warn people about the flashing skull. And maybe the warning flag should flash too, just in case.

:D

/ Thieves love those trailer hitches! #155  
I guess I am lucky down here in OK. I have not lost one in the last 30 years. My 89 Chevy K2500 survived a rear end collision a few years back because of the trailer hitch. Buy hit it with an S-10 and a wrecker had to come and lift his back end up about 6 ft to get his bumper from under my hitch. Luckily it did not get his radiator. Guy was on drugs.. sorta woke him up....

/ Thieves love those trailer hitches! #156  
A friend of mine had a Ford Ranger and was rear-ended by some car (not sure what kind) but the drawbar went through the bumper and they could not get it out. He was able to pull the pin and let the car pull it out, but still could not get it out of the bumper. the car left with it and he never saw it again.:(

/ Thieves love those trailer hitches! #157  
There was a story on the news recently that truck tailgates are targeted now... most come off in less than 30 seconds.

mark

/ Thieves love those trailer hitches! #158  
There was a story on the news recently that truck tailgates are targeted now... most come off in less than 30 seconds.

mark

Yep. Been a problem around here for awhile. GM trucks are the favorite because they work from 1/2 to 1 ton and over a long production run.

Same with spare tires and entire wheel and tires on new trucks at dealer lots

Mine all have locks.

Chris

/ Thieves love those trailer hitches! #160  
My hitch story:
Lady is tailgating me as I make 2 stop signs barely 250 ft apart. She successfully stops for the first sign but being on her cell phone never anticipates that the second is that close.
Does a nice rear end contact that scraps my bumper by twisting the hitch downwards.
Her first comment is " Look what you did to my bumper".
(I would dare not repeat her language on this site either.)
When I ask for her papers to make an insurance report she gets angry and calls the LEO's on her cell phone!
Problem here is that we have 'no fault insurance' so I get to repair my own bumper at my expense.