Thieves love those trailer hitches!

/ Thieves love those trailer hitches! #161  
My hitch story:
Lady is tailgating me as I make 2 stop signs barely 250 ft apart. She successfully stops for the first sign but being on her cell phone never anticipates that the second is that close.
Does a nice rear end contact that scraps my bumper by twisting the hitch downwards.
Her first comment is " Look what you did to my bumper".
I would dare not repeat her language on this site either.
When I ask for her papers to make an insurance report she gets angry and calls the LEO's on her cell phone!
Problem here is that we have 'no fault insurance' so I get to repair my own bumper at my expense.

/ Thieves love those trailer hitches! #162  
My hitch story:
Lady is tailgating me as I make 2 stop signs barely 250 ft apart. She successfully stops for the first sign but being on her cell phone never anticipates that the second is that close.
Does a nice rear end contact that scraps my bumper by twisting the hitch downwards.
Her first comment is " Look what you did to my bumper".
I would dare not repeat her language on this site either.
When I ask for her papers to make an insurance report she gets angry and calls the LEO's on her cell phone!
Problem here is that we have 'no fault insurance' so I get to repair my own bumper at my expense.

wait...she hits you and you have to fix your rig? thats weird

/ Thieves love those trailer hitches! #163  
I guess I am lucky down here in OK. I have not lost one in the last 30 years. My 89 Chevy K2500 survived a rear end collision a few years back because of the trailer hitch. Buy hit it with an S-10 and a wrecker had to come and lift his back end up about 6 ft to get his bumper from under my hitch. Luckily it did not get his radiator. Guy was on drugs.. sorta woke him up....

no go whip yourself for being all imoral and evil for having a touge in that damaged some drug users vehicle. clearly it was all your fault he hit you and he had damage to his vehicle...

and remember.. you are suposed to refer to them as stingers.. as they are evil and use of them constitutes intent to harm others.

( i've lived in florida my entire life and never heard the term stinger till I found this board ...?? )

/ Thieves love those trailer hitches! #164  
Stinger is a fairly common term in this part of W. PA

/ Thieves love those trailer hitches! #165  

It's funny how words are local. Here if you said stinger : on a wasps butt, at the end of a welding lead, or a jib poll for lifting.

/ Thieves love those trailer hitches! #166  
It's funny how words are local. Here if you said stinger : on a wasps butt, at the end of a welding lead, or a jib poll for lifting.

Yep. Around here most call it a draw bar, bar, or hitch.

Chris

/ Thieves love those trailer hitches! #167  
   / Thieves love those trailer hitches! #169  
I live in Beaver County PA also and never heard it called a stinger. My story: I had a 1960 Rambler station wagon with a welded on trailer hitch that stuck out 18 inches. Driving thru San Antonio I had to make a quick stop on the hiway due to heavy rush hour traffic. Car behind me not paying attention ran into me and stuck the hitch thru his radiator. Cops gave him a ticket for tailgating...let me continue on my way to fla. If Timswi is on, I live on Willowbrook in Ohioville..