Thieves love those trailer hitches!

/ Thieves love those trailer hitches! #171  
This is one reason I love my Titan. There is a built in locking box for the hitches. I keep 3 in there, a extra pin, 6' 3/8" chain, 30' tow stap, and 4 1" ratchet straps. Its safe, secure, and water tight.

Looks like you had better luck with yours than I did on the one I had. Not even remotely watertight, then the latch seized up, and wouldn't open. One of those things that sounded like a good idea on paper, real world not so much. Maybe would have worked out better if it was in front of the tire instead of behind it. I guess better that it stuck closed than having it flop open by itself...

/ Thieves love those trailer hitches! #172  
I live in Beaver County PA also and never heard it called a stinger. My story: I had a 1960 Rambler station wagon with a welded on trailer hitch that stuck out 18 inches. Driving thru San Antonio I had to make a quick stop on the hiway due to heavy rush hour traffic. Car behind me not paying attention ran into me and stuck the hitch thru his radiator. Cops gave him a ticket for tailgating...let me continue on my way to fla. If Timswi is on, I live on Willowbrook in Ohioville..

I live in Rochester Twp...Right across the border from New Sewickley...I was in Ohioville last weekend right off 168 out of midland..nice country out there.

Never heard the term stinger?...I don't hear it all the time, but the term is used in my circles...Maybe because of the shin stingers they cause

/ Thieves love those trailer hitches! #173  
In Wisconsin I never heard it called a stinger. But it is catchy and I like the term.

I'm in Ohio - when you say stinger I think of the hydraulic wheel lift that tow trucks and roll backs carry under the bed. Do you call Coca Cola soda or pop? :)

/ Thieves love those trailer hitches! #174  
In Wisconsin I never heard it called a stinger. But it is catchy and I like the term.

In Ohio a Stinger is the hydraulic wheel lift on a Rollback or Tow truck. Also everyone here calls their hitch ball a receiver, even though that's actually the part of the hitch that's bolted to the truck...

/ Thieves love those trailer hitches! #175  
In Ohio a Stinger is the hydraulic wheel lift on a Rollback or Tow truck. Also everyone here calls their hitch ball a receiver, even though that's actually the part of the hitch that's bolted to the truck...

Ah the English language...The hydraulic lift on a crane is also called a stinger in some circles....Sometimes it's good to use unknown/unrealted terms to completely freeze up a conversation...That is a fun linguistic strategy at work sometimes...Allows time to regroup. :D

/ Thieves love those trailer hitches! #176  
I saw a trailer hitch on a Toyota Prius today, What the heck can they tow?

/ Thieves love those trailer hitches! #177  
I'm in Ohio - when you say stinger I think of the hydraulic wheel lift that tow trucks and roll backs carry under the bed. Do you call Coca Cola soda or pop? :)

It's pop here in Minnesota.

/ Thieves love those trailer hitches! #178  
Its Pop here in Ohio too

/ Thieves love those trailer hitches! #179  

Sorry for the dual post...first one didn't work then I logged back in and wrote another...Or maybe I have a multiple personality ;)

/ Thieves love those trailer hitches! #180